Wednesday, May 8, 2013

sign her letters with x's and o's (WPlus9, CFC, Retro Sketches)

Have I told you I love country music?  Yep, yep.  Remember Trisha Yearwood?  "An American Girl - She used to tie her hair up in ribbons and bows (not me), sign her letters with x's and o's (so me)..."  I actually saw Trisha perform in the Detroit area a few years back.  I digress.  But - I think there may be more to it than just its wonderful graphic nature that moved me to purchase the XOXO die from WPlus9...

Well I've got black and white on the brain of late.  I've been hanging out in the B/W column of the CASual Friday Tic Tac Toe Challenge (this time die, "text" and B/W).   And now I'm combining it with the Monday Mood Board #11 at WPlus9.  And the sketch at Retro Sketches #62.








See that little black tag with the white heart next to the twine?  That's what inspired me.  Went with black on black but used some dry embossing and heat embossing gold around the edges to add some interest.

Appreciate your visit.



Supplies xoxo:
Paper: black Bringmann, white Neenah, red American Crafts
Stamps: 
Ink: Versamark
Tools:circle die MFT, heart die Amuse, embossing plate Sizzix
Other: gold embossing powder, twine


8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very RAD!!! me likey!!! :)

shirley-bee said...

Love this, very dramatic! Fits all the challenges perfectly!

Happy Dance said...

Great card Maria! At first I thought you'd used a gold mat under you tag, then I looked closer. Wow. I love everything about this. Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving those embossed edges, really elegant card!

Martha said...

Maria, what a FABULOUS card! I love the black/white/red/kraft combination, and the lovely embossing! You've used the sketch & the Mood Board so beautifully!
(Since I love those colors, that mood board also caught my eye.)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love, love!

Unknown said...

love love love love love!

Jingle said...

This is really pretty! I am just loving the navy and gold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...