Thursday, May 23, 2013

giving gallery idol a go! . three (PC)


Here's my last birthday card for the open auditions at Paper Crafts Gallery Idol 2013 challenge. Have you joined the fun yet?  As another wise man once said  "Ever tried.  Ever failed.  No matter. Try Again.  Fail again.  Fail better."  Lookin' kinda regal and elegant from the little photo, eh? When I showed DD this one, she wrinkled her nose.  Well, keeping with the theme "Birthday Cards for Teens and Kids" please meet "for a 16-year-old-kitschy-but-true":



What was I thinking when I bought that shaggy neon pink fabric?  Pillow.  Nuff said.  It will never meet my sewing machine.  But my Big Shot, yep!

Have a good one.



Supplies dreams take flight
Paper: CS Bringmann, vellum The Paper Company
Stamps: Hero Arts, sentiment PTI
Ink: Versamark, Versafine
Tools: heart die Sizzix, butterfly die Hero Arts/Sizzix
Other: white embossing powder Stampendous, washi Masking Tape, gold wire, shishkabob stick, glue dots

9 comments:

Petti said...

This is very special card. Lovely design!

Kylie said...

I love those butterflies - so elegant! The hit of pink is such a fun addition! Good luck with the challenge!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hi maria:
Love those curly metal "poles". I will have to steal your idea!!!:) and that pink fluffy heart is great with the white background...very nice card
keep in touch
bibiana

Happy Dance said...

Pretty with a funky fuzzy heart twist! I know lots of young girls who would adore this card. Between this one, and the one with the mirror, I think you've got an excellent chance of making the next round. You go girl! Bev

Marlena M. said...

Such a fun, fuzzy heart Maria! I love it~
Saw your card featured at Cloud9~big congrats on your win!!

Stephanie said...

Love this card! Fantastic entry, I would pick it for sure - good luck! x

alexandra s.m. said...

Exquisite is the first adjective that comes to mind Maria!
Good Luck! You are already a winner in my book!

Unknown said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! I know a girly girl who would go gaga for this! Awesome fuzzy heart :)

Hema said...

This looks really pretty...

happyexperimenting.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...