Saturday, May 11, 2013

dainty and delightful (WPlus9)

Don't have a lot of WPlus9 supplies, but what I do have I love.  And I love putting them to work for the Cloud9 photo inspiration blog hops.  Look at this beauty.



This spoke to me and said... you're not going to believe this... raised dots around the inside edges of the little frames.  See 'em?

So that became this card.


So happy that I finally used a Spellbinders die I'd never used before.  It's really not my style, but I bought it when the world was on a doily craze and I thought the hearts motif at least was my style. Well I die cut three, glued 'em together and used them to dry emboss my frame on the card front. A PP circle, some die cut leaves and handmade blooms and a super sentiment later I was ready to add my perfect pearl raised dots to my frame :)

Appreciate your visit.



Supplies you are simply amazing:
Paper: CS Bringmann, green Papermanic, PP Kars, crepe paper
Stamps: sentiment WPlus9
Ink: Versafine
Tools: frame die Spellbinders, leaf die WPlus9, flower die PTI
Other: perfect pearls, brads

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the die cut embossing.

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Maria!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's a beautiful card, Maria! I love the dry embossing - and confess that I'd never thought of using a stack of cut paper to do dry embossing - what a wonderful idea! This will open up a new world for me! Thank you for that light-bulb moment!!! This, and a million other ideas, is why I love visiting your delightful blog!
Hugs!

Vickie Z said...

Beautiful!! Love the embossing and flowers in the middle of the white space-- white space makes me nervous but, this is wonderful!!

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card, your colour choices are always divine :) x

Wendy G said...

The doilies have such a gorgeous, soft effect - beautifully done!!! I hear ya - they aren't my style typically, but they certainly should be, given inspiration such as this!

anya said...

Oh-so-gorgeous! I love how you created that embossed frame, it is subtle and stunning! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Cloud9!

Jenny said...

I knew immediately which photo inspiration your card was for... Amazing take on the picture, that die is perfect and I love your floral embellies too :0)
Jenny x

Lin said...

Maria, what a lovely interpretation of our inspiration! Love the way you embossed the doily frame!

Jenny said...

Popping back to say congrats on your well deserved with this beauty Maria...it is gorgeous :0)
Jenny x

JJ Bolton said...

Amazingly beautiful! Perfect way to use that die!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...