Tuesday, May 14, 2013

CASEing retro style (CASE, Retro, CFC)

One of my cardmaking heroes, Maile B., is the muse at CASE Study #140 this month.  Remember this beauty of hers?

 I actually have that Dogwood stamp and die, so a visit to Retro Sketches #63


and the decision to use my new gray CS going monochromatic led to this card:



Inspired by the subtle BG stamping on Maile's card, I pulled out a mesh BG, stamped with Versamark and sprinkled a tiny bit of black embossing powder for added interest.  Distressed the edges of the panel and added some embossed powder to the cardbase in a nod to the sketch.  Knowing I was making a sympathy card I didn't want to get carried away with embellies.  My flowers are stamped on gray too, so I used a pink colored pencil to highlight the areas shaded on the stamp for a teensy bit of color.  The strip of washi across the bottom nods to Maile's ribbon and the sketch.

Also playing at CASual Fridays - Tic Tac Toe (die/text/B&W)

Appreciate your visit.



Supplies Thinking of you:
Paper: CS Bringmann
Stamps: BG CHF, flower Hero Arts, sentiment Tech Tuesday
Ink: Versamark, Versafine
Tools: die Hero Arts/Sizzix
Other: washi Freckled Fawn, black embossing powder, dimensional adhesive

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Maria, this is out of this world amazing! I LOVE it! Wow!

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

Happy Dance said...

Truly lovely. Perfect for a sympathy card. You've nailed all the challenges bang on! Love the distressing, and that bit of washi. And I agree with you that Maile is one incredible artist. Have a good one. Bev

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow...this is stunning! I love the distressed look! Beautiful! :)

Geri said...

Oooo, NICE, Maria! Congrats on your Moxie shout out, too! HEY...could you pretty please add one of those follow by email widgets to your sidebar??? My reading list came up today, but it rarely does anymore...and I don't want to miss anything!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous take on Maile's card, Maria! I like how you added black embossing to the card base too.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your monochromatic sympathy card, and how it doesn't say "in sympathy". Great use of textures to provide all the interest in the absence of color. Thanks so much for joining the 100th CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jenny said...

Maria that's a fabulous monochromatic take on Maile's card, awesome background and love the distressed edges too :0)

Clare said...

Love this! SO fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jingle said...

Your card turned out so pretty! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog!

Martha said...

Maria, everything about this card is FABULOUS! I love it...it's BEAUTIFUL!
(That card by Maile is one of my favorites by her, because I love using "kraft".)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...