Tuesday, March 27, 2012

all we are is just a...nother... (ric#8)



Why, when looking at the inspiration photo at Runway Inspired Challenge #8, the first thing I notice would be the brick wall must have something to do with the fact that I recently purchased a brick wall stamp from Prima!

So many funky elements in this photo (is that snow on leaves?) but the next thing that grabbed me was the splattering of colors and shapes on the dress.  Whoa.

Came up with this.


This is a mini card 2 1/2 x 3 1/2.  Stamped the brick wall then the sentiment which I clear embossed.  Added the confetti then mounted the panel onto black CS.  Scored the fold and was about to cut the back to be the same size as the front when I decided to leave it wider and "continue" the flourish idea from the front panel.  Kinda like the lace on the dress.  So it actually became a 3 1/2 square card.


Also popping this over to the Moxie Fab World.  Just love the topic Cath shared recently - practical solutions for paper crafters.  Lots of fabulous ideas to check out if you haven't yet.

I have a jar filled with confetti.  I never throw my paper scraps away until I've punched the heck out of them :)  First with circle or heart punches.  Then those last tiny bits with my hole puncher.  For this card I just picked out the colors I needed.  Call me frugal practical.

Thanks for visiting today.  Hope your day is colorful.


Supplies lots of love:
Paper:  scraps, confetti
Stamps:Prima, sentiment Hero Arts, flourish Fancy Pants
Ink: Versafine
Tools:
Other:  clear embossing powder Ranger

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome take on the challenge! love the brick wall :)

Ardyth said...

This is really, really COOL! Love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You know, I didn't notice the brick wall behind the model. (but on the last RIC I noticed a big clock behind that model, and worked it into my card) I really like seeing how you were inspired by the elements in that picture.

Sarah said...

Love that you picked up on the brick wall and incorporated it into your card! And I can't say enough good things about confetti! I'm so glad you played along with the Runway Inspired Challenge.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just love the little confetti dots scattered on the wall! Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Paper Scraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...