Friday, March 9, 2012

You're so special (l'abricot = pine cones)

This is not another long-and-winding-creative-process post.  This is a direct detour.  It started with this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab.


Lovely photo.  But my mind went "apricot = marmelade = vacation in Soulac = pine cones."  Direct detour.

I am going to bore/enlighten you before I show you my card.  We spent a fantastic week on the Atlantic Coast in France.  At Soulac sur Mer.  Had about 2 miles of beach for our family of four.  And although it was early October, three glorious days of summer temperatures.


Every morning we enjoyed fresh baked goods with the best apricot marmelade - from Bonne Maman.  It's the one with the red gingham lid.  Raspberry is delicious too.


Well, this was the path from the beach through the dunes to our house.  Notice those pine trees?  The ones that produce pine nuts...


 from these whopper pine cones...


BTW, ever seen a grubbier tennis ball/dog ball?  Was the only thing I found quickly for size comparison.  Sorry.

At the end of our vacation I seriously considered leaving DS there (teenager, puberty, get the picture?)  to make room for my giant sack full of these lovelies, but we managed to fit them both in.

Now to my card (finally, you say).  DD was (nearly) as obsessed with collecting pine cones as I was.  Thus this card for her.


So you see, l'abricot = pine cones in my world.

Now, wonderful reader, if you've read this far it must mean you like to be enlightened.  I have two more pieces of information you might enjoy.  I never really thought about bunkers before.  Yeah, the war type.  But the French coastline is loaded with them.  And this (at Le Gurp) is what they look like today.  Once inhabited by German soldiers, today the canvas of graffiti artists.  Blew me away.


And should you find yourself vacationing on these beaches, you can harvest your own dinner.  Tellines.
To be gathered.  (It's addicting.)


To be enjoyed.  (It's a lot of work cuz they're so tiny.  But yummy.)

Should you still be with me at this point, then you are probably interested in Soulac.  I would highly recommend this house.  Lovely place.  Lovely owners.

Promise I won't be travelogue-ing regularly.  Thanks for bearing with me.


Supplies You are so special:
Paper: watercolor, blank card Buttinette
Stamps:chair L'encre, pine bough WMS, sentiment Hero Arts
Ink: watercolor paints, Versamagic chalk, black Versafine
Tools: paintbrush
Other:




3 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Flying House! I love your gorgeous card and all those pictures of the BEACH! Maybe it will be warm enough to visit the beach here in Denmark... ok, maybe it will be a few months more!

Chunyuan said...

What a great vacation and love all the pictures. Beautiful card too.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...