Tuesday, March 27, 2012

bold and beautiful (masking)


It happens every time school break nears.  My students call to ask if we can skip the last tutoring session.  OF COURSE we can - more creative time for me :)  Thus, my second post today.



Originally planned to combine the CASual Friday and RIC #8.  Had an idea involving a digital stamp but wasn't sure I could pull it off.  Here is my card for RIC.

CFC #45 asks for a combination of pastels and a bold touch of black.  Here is my "bold and beautiful".


Planned to color flowers with Distress Inks as watercolors and cut them out.  As you can see, my plans changed.

Used a stamp set from SEI which includes a silhouette and an outline stamp.  Opted to stamp several pastel flowers (used a mask) and place one with a bold outline popped up in their midst.  Don't normally do groups of four, but it needed a bigger base of pastel.  Think it got a little crowded.

Here's the inside.  Again, thanks so much to Barb who sent me the PTI anniversary set.  I just love these sentiments.

Happy Tuesday.


Supplies with sympathy:
Paper: CS Neenah and American Crafts
Stamps:SEI, sentiment PTI
Ink: pigment Cat's Eye, black Versafine
Tools:
Other: 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful card! love the color story :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Just beautiful Maria - the colours of the flowers are mouthwatering!

Michele Gross said...

WOW! My jaw just dropped. Absolutely beautiful and truly a fantastic job with the colors :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

kingstonmama said...

This is so pretty. The colors of those flowers are just gorgeous! Ann Y.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Maria, this is so soft and gorgeous. Well done with the masking job! And...glad you got some extra crafty time in. ;)

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Maria! This is gorgeous!! Love your stamping and design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...