Friday, March 16, 2012

gift card sleeve (stamping with markers)


This has to be one of my favorite techniques - stamping with markers to achieve a watercolor look.  Never know exactly how the image will turn out.  Usually, it's pretty darn cool.  Makes me feel like an artist!

Decided to go with a sleeve to cover this gift card holder from a bookstore.


Also had a bookmark (from a craft fair in MI last summer) to go with the gift card and wanted to include it as part of the packaging.  Thus the sleeve, making it possible to have the bookmark peek out over the top.  CASEd myself here for my design.

To make the sleeve I trimmed a strip of navy CS the height of the gift card holder.  Laid it on my scoring board and scored fold lines, leaving a tiny bit of leeway to account for the thickness of the holder.  Wrapped it around the holder and glued it together.

Colored the stamp (only the flower portion) with various blue and green tones then spritzed with a mini mister. Stamped onto watercolor paper, cut and punched the border. Cut a piece of teal CS and attached to sleeve. Embellished with a few buttons.

I'm actually on time.  The gift is ready ahead of time!  Now I can look forward to the bday brunch.

Happy weekend ya'll.


Supplies:
Paper: watercolor paper stash; CS Coredinations
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: markers
Tools: edge punch EKS
Other: twine, buttons  Sew Sweet


1 comment:

Wida said...

I'm going to give this technique a try! Looks very pretty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...