Saturday, March 10, 2012

sending Easter love (upcycled packaging)

Jay Gee's Nook has this incredible inspiration photo for challenge #17:



How wonderfully springy is this. It was on my mind as I was straightening up my crafting area.  Found chipboard packaging from choco bunny lollies.  Saved last year thinking "I could do something with this".  So I did.



The result is not fabulous.  I managed to keep the watercoloring of the image to a minimum.  But I way overdid it with the glitter.  Oops.

Used Vicky's idea for the shaped card.  After watercoloring I added a satin ribbon and a little tag sentiment tied on with cotton twine.  Stamped the inside.


In the large photo you cannot see this, but the image is actually printed with gold ink.  The only "cool" factor to this card.


Chalk this one up to experience.

Thanks for looking.


Supplies sending Easter love:
Paper: recycled, CS DCWV
Stamps: tag butterfly Martha Steward, tag sentiment Hero Arts, inside sentiment TPC
Ink: watercolor paints, Versamagic chalk, black Versafine
Tools: paintbrush, die Spellbinders
Other: tag, satin ribbon, cotton twine

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cool way to incorporate packaging in your cards! Such a super sweet image, and your coloring is perfect!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I applaud you for upcycling the packaging, Maria! It is cute. The touches of glitter are fine; they add some dimension to your card. It's sweet! (I saw this at JG's Nook)

Jay Gee said...

I have to say this is a very clever way to use packaging and the image is adorable. Your tag is a sweet little touch Maria. Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...