Thursday, March 8, 2012

feel better soon (heat embossing ZING)

I broke down and bought some ZING embossing powders.  Aqua, Pink Grapefruit and Leaf.

I still think it's smarter to use pigment inks and heat emboss with clear powder.  Keeps the stash smaller and pocketbook fuller.  But who's smart?

The bright colors made me want to emboss flowers.  So I made a card for Hero Arts monthly challenge.

 march_theme_5001

DM's friend recently had eye surgery.  Hope this makes her feel better.


Cut a piece of vintage book text.  This is from a story about the "Sandmannchen" who goes around throwing sand in kids' eyes to make them go to sleep.  Maybe not so appropriate for someone who just had eye surgery, eh?  Silly me.  Good thing she doesn't know German!

TIP:  Keep the size of your finished card in mind!  I always forget to do this.  Note the skinny borders around my stamped panel :(

Stamped and embossed the middle flower first, then the ones on the outside to avoid having embossing powder going where I didn't want it.  Didn't seem to be a problem though.  These powders work like a charm.

Added a few dragonflies, keeping it real simple.  Decided to ground my flowers on grass which I stitched on vellum (didn't work too great) along with my sentiment.  Glued the vellum on the reverse of the panel so it "floats" a bit on the front.  Like that effect.  Rounded all corners and attached to CS base.

A lovely day to you.  Thanks for looking.

Supplies feel better soon  :
Paper: recycled book page, CS American Crafts, velllum
Stamps: flowers and sentiment Hero Arts, dragonfly CHF
Ink: Versamark, black Versafine
Tools:  corner rounder EKS, sewing machine
Other:embossing powder American Crafts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...