Friday, March 30, 2012

find the feather (home decor)

Been wanting to play in the Moxie Fab Fascination with Feathers challenge.  Knew what I wanted to do.  One problem.  Had to wash my windows first.  Why, you ask?

Can you spot the feather(s)?  I was actually fascinated with these quail eggs I picked up at the discount store.  Wanted to use them for a natural window decoration to go with the vellumy eggs cuz they have an artistic feel to them.



So I carefully punched holes in the top and bottom of the eggs and used hot glue to attach the feather and "anchor" each to the fishing line (TIP:  one of your best friends for home decorating).  Strung a pearl on the top of each little bundle.


There are six of these bundles hanging on one piece of fishing line.  This is hung from a branch which hangs across the top of my window.  Brought it back from a walk in the woods years ago and painted it white.  You can barely see it up next to the recessed lights in the above photo.   I love to decorate it seasonally.  (Just took down the sequin hearts from Valentines Day - thus the necessary window washing :)

I'm also entering this over at Jay Gee's Nook cuz I was also inspired by her wonderful photo for challenge 17 - check out the egg wreath and branch display in the middle.  How lovely.


Thanks for visiting.  Have an idea for a feathery card so see ya soon.

2 comments:

Jay Gee said...

What a fun idea to decorate the window this way Maria and they do look great next to the vellum eggs. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...