Monday, March 8, 2021

simon says stamp - capital B beautiful


Spring has sprung. At least it has in the latest release from Simon Says Stamp called Hello Beautiful and there's lots to inspire you. Check it out here.

One of the dies in the new release is called Capital B Beautiful, how appropriate is that? It's a great size for a slimline card, but my first two cards show how it works on a landscape layout of an A2 card too. It's easy to combine it with  stamps or other word dies you already own. As you'll see, I what I love most about it is its shadow...






SSS Hello You stamp
SSS On Edge stamp
Charlie und Paulchen Hohlsaumrahmen die, Action Deutschland PP, alcohol markers, black embossing powder, washi, distress oxides

Fun tidbits about the cards?

The first packs a punch thanks to the rainbow colored shadow for the word die and the die (and sentiment) being shiny and raised thanks to heat embossing.

The second my CAS heart absolutely loves. The die cut shadow on the front allows the stacked sentiment (rainbowed) to peek through.

The third, well who doesn't love when pink, yellow and blue distress oxides yield a rainbow. I actually think I love this sentiment/shadow most in the B/W combo I used here.

Check out all the makes with the products from the Hello Beautiful release in the gallery here. And in case you missed them, check out the blog hops for more inspiration. Thanks for visiting.

I'm adding my card to:
Time Out Happy7th birthday!!! Birthday or Celebration
Cut It Up - B/W and a Pop of Color (#2)
Die Cut Divas - Slimline (#3)
ATSAM - Die Cuts and Stencils Um. Yep! (#3)














8 comments:

sandie said...

These are all amazing and so creative to show all these different creations from one sentiment-loving the negative die and all the bright colours and still so CAS-thanks for your lovely comment on our blog and thanks for joining us at Time Out x

Arlene said...

Fantastic cards to cheer up anyone - love the colors and designs. So glad you entered this month's challenge (slimline cards) at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/03/sunny-march-with-our-sponsor-sunny.html.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

My goodness, you certainly found lots of ways to showcase this beautiful set. I love all your cards, especially the on you're sharing with my team.

Looking at your cards, I actually see another way you can use that "beautiful" die. If you cut that f judiciously and leave out the dot on the I, you'll wind up with "beauty."

Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up for our Black & White + a Pop of Color challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Treva said...

Nice cards and great die; lots of great uses.

Thank you for sharing with us at Cut it Up for our Black & White w/a hint of color challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Nonni said...

Three amazing creations! You've used the sentiment die in very versatile ways and given me lots of inspiration! I especially love the second card with all the stylish white space! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

Your so good at having found three different ways to use one die!! I love all the projects but you know my favourite has got to be the die-cut rainbow. Its beautifully put together and love that it has a glow of colour when looking at the word face on. And all that crisp white around it makes those colours scream 'look at me!!'. I'm over the moon you came to party with us at TIME OUT!

foleysfriend said...

"Beautiful" collection of cards. I really like the rainbow color effect you used with the mega deco stencil. The black and white sentiment is perfect on the colored background you created. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Cindy C. said...

So beautiful! Love the colorful graphic background for the bold sentiment. Thanks for joining in our March Challenge - Slimline at Die Cut Divas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...