Friday, January 31, 2020

three for grandma - altenew beautiful day

More commissioned cards.

Next request was for a card for boyfriend's Grandma who lives in England. She was a market lady and loves flowers. Hmmm. How could I not pull out an Altenew set?!?


I used Altenew Beautiful Day (I have the layering stamp plus the die so I decided to make multiple versions.) First up I put a NBUS impression plate (Altenew Dotted Swirls) to use for the cream colored background. And chose my other colors based on the January Inspiration challenge.

Altenew-January2020-InpirationChallenge

I stamped the layers with orange and green tones and spritzed the flowers and leaves with water to get that watercolored look. Added a bit of perfect pearls shimmer too but it's difficult to capture on camera. Oh, and pearls. Cuz pearls just belong on a Grandma card, don't they?


So for the second version I wanted to use reds and pinks. Decided to pair them with kraft. And I inked tone on tone through the Altenew Deco Wallpaper stencil. The heat embossed sentiment is Avery Elle Oh Happy Day. BTW, this is the card my friend chose.


Used the same ink-layers-with-light-to-dark-then-spritz-with-water method. There's shimmer on these too!

The third version ain't my favorite. But I thought, well how about a dark background. And then why not blue? Why not blue roses?  And how about contrast stencilling -  I used white pigment ink. Not sure if the dots are cool or weird? But I like the solid area at the bottom that left just a bit of space for the tiny Inkystamp Winzige Grusse sentiment.


I'm taking this last one over to Die Cut Divas where it's about New Things. The die to this stamp set is new to me and really makes creating with these lovely roses easy. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

SD pooja said...

Beautiful cards !! For me the last one stands out because of the different color combo !

Shelly said...

Three BEAUTIFUL cards, Maria! Blue one and all. ;)

Arlene said...

I love when you can use a matching die too. Congrats on the new die. And I love your cards, each one beautifully done. WOW So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our January challenge.

Anita in France said...

A trio of loveliness, Maria ... they're all fabulous! A favourite? The same one your friend chose ... it's just so soft and pretty, perfect for a grandma! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...