Tuesday, January 14, 2020

STAMPlorations inspiration #250

Wowzers! 250! Welcome to our 250th Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team!

I'm keeping it real simple for this month's inspiration projects. Easy to make. Easy to mass produce especially with a MISTI. Colored cardstock + heat embossing. Ready for #2? Needing a card for a little guy's birthday...


Thought I'd share my thought process on this simple design. I chose the stamp set because of its playful nature, perfect for a little guy. I like the punny sentiments and chose one of the larger ones to go with the larger bot.

With such a simple design, I try to use colors that carry a lot of suggestive power. And go well together. So thinking "robots" and "R2D2" (cuz this bot reminds me of him) I chose blue cardstock for its association with the galaxy/sky. And, well, what says "robot" and "stars" better than silver embossing powder, right (although it looks white in the photo, doesn't it?) And it goes well with blue.

Randomly stamped the stars (from Three Kings) around the bot to make it appear that he's floating through the galaxy and voila! Doesn't get much CASer than that!

You know the routine. You could win yourself a $10 GC to the store by leaving a comment on this month's inspiration posts! Check out today's post here. And as in the past, I'd appreciate it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA discount code for an additional 20% off your order from the store - at no extra cost to you, just perks for me ;)

Thanks for stopping over today. Have a great week.

I'm joining the party at:
Always Fun - One Layer
Basteltraum - Himmel/Sky

8 comments:

pinky said...

This is so cute Maria, lovely bit of embossing too!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is soooo fun! CAS!

Claudia said...

Hi Maria, clean, simple and soooo cooool, what an idea, flying to the stars. Great idea!

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge

Janis said...

Perfect for a young lad! Love this CAS design with the fun robot and stars in silver. I am always looking for easy designs that pack a punch. Had to PIN this one. Thank you for the inspiration!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute card with that bot design. Great one for the boys!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a fun birthday bot for a birthday boy! I love the silver on blue and the bold look of your design!

Cris G. said...

Happy New Year, Maria!
Cute design and bold blue shade for the background... any kid will love it!
May the bot be with you 🤖

Dana M said...

Fun, vibrant and happy card - awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...