Tuesday, January 28, 2020

STAMPlorations inspiration #252

Time for another Tuesday inspiration from the STAMPlorations inspiration team!

Hope you're enjoying my creations this month. I'm keeping it real simple. Easy to make. Easy to mass produce especially with a MISTI. Colored cardstock + heat embossing. Here's #4.


My thought process on this simple design... I chose the stamp set because I thought it would make a cute new baby card. I could emphasize the "new addition" with a different color embossing powder. And the waves were a nice little feature to "ground" my swimming whales.

With such a simple design, I try to use colors that carry a lot of suggestive power. And go well together. So thinking "sea" and knowing I would add a little pink whale, I chose a very light aqua  cardstock. And then chose white embossing powder for all the elements except the little whale. She got bright pink so she'd stand out.

I know it's no work of art. No coloring. Nothing realistic about it. But I love one-layer cards, especially when they have a playful nature. The illustrated style of this set lends itself to a design like this. Hope you enjoyed my colored cardstock + embossing series.

You could win yourself a $10 GC to the store by leaving a comment on this month's inspiration posts! Check out today's post here. And as always, I'd appreciate it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA discount code for an additional 20% off your order from the store - at no extra cost to you, just perks for me ;)

Thanks for stopping over today. Have a great week.

I'm playing at:
AAA Cards - One Layer (and polar animals - I've got both this time)

8 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a cute card design. I love the one stamped in the pink. Perfect for announcing or welcoming a baby girl.

MadeByMeghanK said...

What cute little whales!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germaine said...

What a creative idea!

Jane said...

Love that pop of pink amongst the chill of the blues. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Dana M said...

Super cute! What a fun baby congratulations card. Love the clean design.

ÅsaJ said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Super Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...