Friday, November 1, 2013

more neon and black (SSS, KIS)

Remember my pink leaves? In case you were wondering what happened to all the others which I die cut, they became a mini garland in our entryway.


What does this have to do with neon and black?  Not much eh?  Well, remember the neon circles I used for my festive wreath? There were more where those came from so I decided to make a garland.  And trim a tree with it.  However, it didn't work.  TIP:  Garlands work best strung across the full face of a card, not necessarily on narrow areas.  So...


The idea was still a good one.  Get the bokeh feel here?  But a garland without the stitching part! Used the Hero Arts Tiny Ink Spots BG stamped in black, a hand cut triangle for the tree and some washi for the trunk.  The chevrons were made with a Crafter's Workshop Mini Chevron stencil and acrylic paint.  The sentiment from Hero Arts Holiday Sayings was repeatedly embossed.

TIP:  I've mentioned this before but if you have a nice juicy pigment ink, you can heat emboss with clear powder for great results.  You save money (don't have to buy colored powders). And you avoid those stray flecks of embossing powder. (Not that it would really have mattered on this card with the BG and acrylic paint seepage ;)

This will also go to the Caring Hearts Card Drive and I'm joining the fun at:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
KIS - #  26 Use Sticky Notes (my circles were Post-Its in their prior life)

Funky, but me likey.

Happy weekend.  Almost.  (It's a holiday here in Germany today. Lucky us.)


Supplies hohoho:
Paper: CS Bringmann, Post Its
Stamps: BG and sentiment Hero Arts
Ink:  Versamark , Versafine
Tools: circle punch, stencil Crafters Workshop
Other:  clear embossing powder, acrylic paint, washi



7 comments:

Deepti said...

This is such a cool layout, I like neon circles :)

Martha said...

Maria, what a darling mini-garland, & such a STRIKING neon card! Lots of FUN details.

(Yes, I also enjoy using clear embossing powder in the manner you've mentioned.)

My Paper Epiphany said...

I just popped in to say I loved your comment on MFW! Made me smile in between the tears!
Oh and I love your welcome sign and the funky neon Christmas card!

Happy Dance said...

You are the bokeh queen, my friend! Love the neons on your tree and its little washi trunk. What a happy Christmas card! Bev

scrappymo! said...

Your entryway looks pretty with that leaf garland.
I enjoyed the bokah feel of your tree!

Dan said...

Great card, I love the vivid colours of those neon circles. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card!! Love the bright colors!! So fun!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...