Saturday, November 9, 2013

Moxie Fab thanks! blog hop



If you were on a desert island (BTW - ain't that an oxymoron?) and could take only one blog with you - which would it be?  Well, it dawned on me after last week's Black Friday, that for me it would be Moxie Fab World.  And if ya take a gander at the number of paper crafters hopping today, it looks like it'd be one heckuva party on that island!

If you want to see the nearly 300 names on the blog hop list (thanks to Keren B, Taheerah A, and Virginia L for their hard work, BTW) head over to Moxie Fab World.  If you are hopping along, I hope you arrived from Lalo's blog

So why is this party so huge?  Well, for me, MFW is (was) kinda like Grand Central Station of Cardmakingland.  And the conductor extraordinaire, Ms. Cath Edvalson.  And there we were, all the little engines, "I think I can, I think I can."  And there she was telling us "you can do it", "here's how to do it", "here's someone who does it well" and then, if you were really lucky, "well done!"

I feel so lucky to have been "moulded" as a cardmaker by hanging out at the Moxie Fab World. And lucky to have met many who share my love of the craft.  I 'm already missing my daily dose of Ms. Cath's Moxie Fab World and I'll be forever grateful for the role it played in my cardmaking.

But mostly, I am looking forward to seeing whose world Ms. Cath is going to brighten next with her talents.

So Cath, the bottle is in the fridge.  The topper is yours.  All you have to do is show up to claim it. We'll share a couple Riesling spritzers out on the screened porch listening to Louis Armstrong's "What a Moxie Fab World" and discussing gallons, quarts and pints.  Hugs to ya, girlfriend.



Now, off to Laurie Schmidlin ya go...  Thanks for visiting.







44 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

So Fun....

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

A wine tag, cheers!!!

Darnell said...

Leave it my party girl to think of doing a wine tag and a bottle for the party! Duh! Why didn't we all think of that?? I'm bringing my bottle and joining you two on The Isle of Oxy Moron!! Okay, seriously, your post was very well said, Maria, and your happy tag is SO perfect for bubbly Cath! She will love it!! Hugs, Darnell

maria f. said...

Yo. 'Smeet on the Isle, my friend. Fabulous idea.
And ya know, you and your voice bring such joy. You're pretty moxie fab yoself.

Wida said...

Well if only you could ship this to her! fabulous job :)

Lea Lawson said...

This is such an awesome idea! Love it!!

~amy~ said...

How fun & absolutely festive!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE, girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

Am I weird that I have tears in my eyes after reading your delightful words, Maria? Or is it that I just love Riesling? Ha! Wonderful job, girl. Wonderful job.

richardbreaks said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! PS--Thanks for getting me in on this!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh how eloquent you are, maria f ... such a touching post for Cath! Great idea to make a wine tag! What a party that would be if we were all together : )

Sylvia said...

Hoe refreshing, love your post and your wine topper, just awesome!

Cathy A said...

Great idea

Jingle said...

Oh' how fun! Very cute!

Alice said...

such a fun project!

shirley-bee said...

I'm with you on the desert island blog thing. In fact, I'm with you on the desert island if there's wine (even if I have to bring my own). Brilliant post, and I love the topper.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria this is so fabulous for Cath! What a great idea.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Priceless! Sure to make Cath LOL! Your words are so special and the topper pure genius!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. very cute designing..

Ginny said...

One word....awesome!!! What a nice tribute to Cath....I love your words and how you decorated the bottle of Riesling! Also, thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE! So fun :)

Beverley said...

FABulously fun! Love it :) Hugs Bev x

Valerie said...

So festive and fun! And a wonderful reason for a personal visit!

Unknown said...

Such a fun bottle topper! Love it:)

Els said...

I love your project!! so festive!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is SO creative! Just perfect and so festive!

yyam said...

This is perfect for Cath! Cheers!

Joyce said...

What a sweet and heartwarming post.

Unknown said...

What a lovely tribute to Cath and a fun wine topper!!

Deirdre said...

I think we will all pop by! Love what you created and love your fun post.

Shelly said...

What FUN! Love this! :)

Joni Andaya said...

So Fabulous Maria!!!

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Such a fun tag and presentation, Maria!

Tasnim said...

beautifully decorated, love that tag!

Anonymous said...

how fun! Pretty tag and a great gift idea

Unknown said...

Amazing!! What a great send off!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

FUN, FUN, FUN - typical Maria! That would make me happy, too! Zum Wohl!

Cath said...

Wouldn't THAT be fun? I would love to claim it, and meet you, and it would be incredibly, incredibly grand. Make that moxie fab. It would be incredibly, incredibly moxie fab.

Thank you, again, for your thoughtful words, Maria. I am so touched, more than mere words could ever say.

Thanks also, for the beautiful card you sent me in the mail. It is even more gorgeous in person, and I'm not sure how that could ever be possible. I will treasure it always.

I am still here, and we will always be friends. And as soon as I figure out what's next for me, you will be among the first to know.

All my love to you, my dear friend,
~Cath

Beth M said...

Love this.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful - what a fun idea!

Courtney K said...

what an awesome project!

Ashley Newell said...

How awesome! I love this!

Michelle Lupton said...

Awesome! Sorry it has taken me so long to hop here!

Susie W. said...

Wonderful project and your post is so beautifully written!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...