Saturday, November 23, 2013

hope heals (RIC, CFC)

Here's a one-layer CAS card for ya.  Can you guess where my inspiration came from?


If you caught the black leaves then maybe you thought of the current photo over on the Runway. RIC #48.



My eye caught the wispy branches, pink flowers and the black leaves.  Been lovin' those since Cristina K. produced this lovely.

So the pink flowers morphed to a morning sky, created with distress inks spritzed with perfect pearls water on an acrylic block.  And I chose this vine image from Inkadinkado Delicate Branches to get my black leaves.  And what was going to be a sympathy card turned into a message of hope (the lovely morning sky, ya know?) on a get-well card.

And this was purely a fluke, but ... count the leaves on the vine.  (Can you guess where I'm going with this?)  There are 8.  And what is the cool challenge at CASual Fridays #121?


Have a wonderful weekend.  As I mentioned, we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday (there'll be 12 of us).  The pumpkin soup is done, ham is baked (I've got a good recipe if you're interested), cranberry relish made, sweet potatoes just waiting for the 'mallows, cornbread muffins and banana bread ready... pumpkin pie and stuffing are on the agenda for today.  Sure hope the bird thaws in time...  I just love the way the house smells at this time of year.  Un problemo - anyone wanna come clean my house?!?!?

On that note, thanks for visiting.


Supplies for hope heals:
Paper:  cardbase Bringmann
Stamps: Inkadinkado, sentiment WPlus9
Ink : Distress, Versafine
Tools: 
Other: acrylic block, mini mister




26 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow Maria! What a beau-ty!!!
Excellent take on the sketch and breath taking beautiful!
Thank You~

shirley-bee said...

I'll come and clean if I can eat that gorgeous-sounding food first!! Love the card, fabulous take on the RIC challenge!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow this is just so serene! Perfect for RIC!

Susanne Vargas said...

That looks like a winner to me! Enjoy your Thanksgiving Feast!

maria f. said...

Come on over - just heard that our friends' daughter cannot make it cuz she's busy studying for her final exams and can't afford the few hours down time - there's an empty place at the table.

Sue McRae said...

Love this card design and your great take on the inspiration photo!

Ang said...

Absoultely gorgeous!
Ang

Susie W. said...

Love, love, love this card! Stunning.
Cleaning? I just completed mine. Yay!!! But you are WAY ahead of me on the food prep. Yikes!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

LilyPuss Cards said...

Gorgeous card...truly lovely..

PiecesbyEmily said...

Maria, this is just gorgeous. LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning, Maria ... happy cleaning! Anita :)

Cris G. said...

Totally awesome, Maria... and perfect for this RIC! And it also smells great :)

Virginia L. said...

You've done it again! This is so CAS yet so gorgeous, Maria! Wunder scheon!

Tasnim said...

So pretty Maria! Love that block of water color!

Taheerah said...

So serenely beautiful Maria. Just looking at it promotes calm and hope. Truly remarkable.

Sanketi said...

Lovely, the mood is just perfect..calm as the morning sky!

Deb said...

Maria, I hope you had a fabulous dinner. This card is simply ah-mazing!!! I love the water color and the softness of it. Simply perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Darnell said...

So a winning card again, Maria! I'm in awe!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Oh, wait, did I miss it? I'm catching up on my visits to you and I'm thinking it might have been yesterday. If so, I'm sure it was utter fun and delicious!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Hamilton said...

This is simply gorgeous!

Marlena M. said...

Oh Maria~this is exquisite! Lucky duck you...8 LEAVES! ;) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving friend~

Pamela said...

This is so beautiful! I love the soft watercolouring and the bold black! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Lindsay said...

So, so perfect Maria! It is so soft and serene! Thank you for sharing it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sanketi said...

I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Kelly Griglione said...

I so need to catch up on your blog, maria f. It's such a treat for me! In the meantime, I wanted to let you know how much I love this card ... how the black bird is spotlighted by the yellow/sun portion of your watercolor. Wonderful, wonderful design! Thank you so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Darnell said...

I called this one, so a giant pat on my own back! A an even more giant pat on yours! Congratulations on the Contender shoutout from CFC, Maria! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...