Monday, November 11, 2013

fully loaded thank you (CASOS, Catered Crop, Sprinkle of Imagination, Simply Create Too)



Are you blog hopped out yet?  I took a break yesterday to make a card for a few challenges.  A feat for moi, as you know I'm usually getting my card ready as the challenge doors close.  But mostly, this card was about the process.  Shirley B. has been creating beauties with her Gelli plate and I decided to give the monoprinting technique a go using a good ole acrylic block.


This is not for control freaks.  Once you smoosh that paper onto the paint there's no telling what you're going to get.  But I like that.  Although I am a control freak.  Hmmmm.

And you use up your stash of acrylic paint before it dries up.  Fabby, eh?  Anyhoo, I masked the spot for the sentiment, fearing stamping on paint wouldn't work well.  Smooshed the yellows. Stamped with pale sage which I brayered onto parts of a BG stamp.  Stamped the sentiment and then made a stencil with dies to make the arrows. Mixed a clear embossing paste with some purple paint for those.  I think doing that makes the paste a bit runnier, which may or may not be what you want! Ran a purple pigment ink pad around the edges.

This is a one-layer card.  But lotsa depth and interest happening there.  My let's-keep-it-mailable heart likes it.  Hope you do too.

I chose my colors, kinda, from the palette at A Sprinkle of Imagination - it's their first challenge.  I used ochre, a lighter yellow, pale sage and then purple (looking very dark in this photo) mixed into the modelling paste.


Over at CAS on Sunday#21 they're looking for one-layer wonders.  Wonder, nah.  One layer? Check.

And then we have a Thank You Kindly recipe swap going over at Catered Crop where I was lucky to be chosen for the Washi Tape challenge so I get to GD for this challenge.  Thanks Linda!

And... I'm not up this week at Simply Create Too, but Challenge #50 is "Give Thanks" so I'm adding my two cents.

Whew, thanks for looking.


Supplies for thank you:
Paper:  cardbase Bringmann
Stamps: BG Penny Black, sentiment PTI
Ink : Versafine, Aladine
Tools: corner rounder EKS, arrow dies Kesi Art
Other: acrylic block, acrylic paint, brayer

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

haha...blog hopped out...Never!

Love the swipes of colors...absolutely wonderful!

Happy Dance said...

You are so brave...I have been looking at your card for awhile, and love all the "layers" of goodness on it. If I tried this, it would be worse than my heat embossing, lol! Very cool card. Well done my friend. Really like this look. Bev

Susanne Vargas said...

I love your artsy card and that you are not afraid to try things out! That, if you don't have one thing (in this case the Gelli plate you just use something else! I want/need to get away from thinking I have to buy everything so I can try the technique I am admiring but make do with what I have... Like for example, I like all the cards using embossing paste but couldn't find any in the store and was too lazy to mix my own when it occurred to me that I could try Gesso. And it totally works!!!

shirley-bee said...

Still moxie hopping (over halfway now). Love your acrylic monoprinting and you're right, no room for control freaking with this technique. Just. Let. Go. Can't wait to see your plazzy bag technique. Oh and thanks for the shoutout!

Trish Latimer said...

Great card, so simple and yet so effective! Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at A Sprinkle Of Imagination this month!

Magda said...

Great project, I like this simple style. Thanks for joining in with our first A Sprinkle of Imagination challenge!

jaine drake said...

Cute card. Thanks for entering the challenge with A Sprinkle of Imagination this time.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great card... I love the abstract look, and the arrows to highlight the sentiment are great!

Anneke said...

Great take on our one layer challenge! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...