Monday, November 25, 2013

christmas greetings (CBS)

Lost this challenge (#6 Christmas) from my radar screen somehow, but luckily I saw it again today.  So apologies for the lousy photo.  I had doggie duty and couldn't get to crafting until after the sun went down.  But I'm in before the challenge closes.

I purchased the Clearly Besotted Signature Christmas set after Christmas last year and this was the first time I got around to using it.  I just love the set.


Used CBS Building Blocks with Delicata gold for the square, then stamped the tree over it using Amuse Fern ink.  Die cut the image with a Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom ornament and then stamped some polka dots (another Building Block) on a scrap and die cut just the top portion of the ornament again.  Used decorative edge scissors to create an ornament topper.  I think it worked!
The strip of washi... not sure about that.  But I tried to balance it out with the sentiment in red.

I tapped all the edges in the gold ink pad, but TIP:  the folded edge of the card sinks into the sponge ink pad and soaks up more ink than desired.  Keep that in mind when using this technique, and tilt your card appropriately.  As much as I like the gilded edges effect, that left edge was not what I had in mind.  Looks like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be gilded or distressed.  Ugh.

Well, thanks for looking.  'Nite.


Supplies for season's greetings:
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio
Stamps: CBS
Ink : gold Delicata, green Amuse, red Jenny Bowlin
Tools: die Sizzix, corner rounder
Other: washi


7 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful!! I love the big ornament and how you used the building blocks!!

Darnell said...

I adore your 'in-your-face' larger-than-life ornament, Maria! And I so admire how you can do that with your design and still keep everything CAS! (I've done that thing where I sunk the edge in the sponge! I just pretend I meant for it to be 'arty' that way, LOL!) Hugs, Darnell

Martha said...

Maria, what a DARLING card! Love the design!

shirley-bee said...

Love how you've placed the bauble at an angle - looks like it's swinging!

Beverley said...

FABulous, perfectly CAS & so festive. Hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful and fabulous card! Love its simplicity, showing its elegance and beauty.
My best Christmas wishes to you and everyone! Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Such a trendy card, Maria - I love it! Thank you so very much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...