Tuesday, November 19, 2013

right time. right place. (ATCAS, LIM)

Got your earplugs in?   I'm tootin' my own horn here today.  I am so incredibly happy to have five cards published in the special edition of Paper Crafts Magazine, Card Creations for Him.  I had a blast making cards for the submission call. But as the deal goes, I can only share one with you here... you really should check out this issue (and it's still paper!!!)  It's tough to make cards for guys, but this issue was created in an interesting way.



"Smart & Geeky, Casual & Playful, Hip & Urban, Rough & Tumble, and Classic & Refined" - pick your kinda guy and create for him, keeping his style in mind!

They're sharing samples from each of the categories over at the PC blog this week.  Did you see the clever take on "Classic & Refined" from Amy W.?  I have an anniversary and a retirement card in that section of the mag, too.

But I want to share my fave creation with you.   It's actually a 20th anniversary card for DH. (Unfortunately he didn't get it cuz it went to Utah!!!)  Anyhoo, any geocachers out there?



I'm not gonna explain it... I think you "get" it...
May I just say it's a great idea if you really want to make a card personal - whether wedding, anniversary, baby...  Agree? BTW, DH doesn't geocache.  I just love the "idea" behind the coordinates.

Let me just point you to this site for coordinates.
And to this great site for nautical knots (mine is the square knot).

I'm playing at Addicted to CAS where the theme for their first anniversary is, drum roll please, "Anniversary".  And at Less is More where the challenge #146 is to use PP in a CAS way.  Yep.

ETA:  Had this post scheduled for Wednesday but moved it up to today cuz I just saw over on the PC blog that Susan O. is plugging this very card!  Oh my, how exciting.  But apparently it's in the "Hip & Urban" category... Fine by me ;)))

Thanks for looking.


supplies for right time. right place:
Paper:  white Bringmann, red Am Crafts, PP Snap from Simple Stories, old map
Stamps: PC generated using Arial font
Ink : 
Tools: heart die Amuse Studio
Other: crochet thread, cork stickers Studio Calico



23 comments:

shirley-bee said...

No wonder you're tootin' your own horn! FIVE cards in one mag - they'll have to call it the rieslingmama edition! Fabulous idea for a card, and you're right, so personal. And a matching map too. (I did go off and google the co-ordinates before I finished reading your post!).
Hip and urban it is!

Happy Dance said...

Huge, huge CONGRATS!! So very happy for you, Maria. You just go right ahead and toot away. It's well deserved!!!!! Love that card, too. Perfect for your favorite fella. Very cool. Thrilled for you, and now I can say "I knew her when..." You go girl. Bev

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Maria!! You deserve every bit of plugging you get and feel free to toot your horn until you wear it out! You deserve it, my friend! This card is stunning. Period. The rest of us don't stand a chance in these challenges against this published card! It screams winner from every angle with that kind of original thinking!! Hugs, Darnell

Lin said...

Big congrats, Maria! I'm really impressed with your multiple pubs!!

Chrissie said...

Just love this one... it's SO innovative!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Geri said...

That's an awesome card, Maria! Way to go on this one and all the rest!!! (Tootin' right back at ya!!!)

Marlena M. said...

Huge congrats Maria~your card is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having so many cards published and all in one go too !! Love this gorgeous and very clever anniversary card what a wonderful idea. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS for our anniversary celebration and good luck.

Marie

Nonni said...

This is so gorgeous, full of great ideas! I love all the colors too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Maria, what a wonderful card!

Susanne Vargas said...

CONGRATULATIONS! 5 cards in one magazine, that is awesome! Shirley-bee is right, they should call it the Rieslingmama edition! And your card leaves me speechless! It is definitely hip and so personal and I love it! I feel bad that your DH didn't even get it! And congrats on you 20th anniversary!

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is awesome! Love everything about it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a cool card - I can see why it is "plugged" - very unique! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

ps - WTG on 5 cards picked up!! That is terrific

Clare said...

Super cool card! Love the cork arrows! And HUGE congrats on the pubs! I'll be sure to look for the rest of your cards in the magazine!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

OH, Maria, Maria, this is simply FABULOUS, CLEVER, ROMANTIC, COOL, HIP, & BEAUTIFUL!
Go ahead & proudly "toot your own horn"!! I always love your unique creativity!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 cards being published...it's so well-deserved!
I nominate you as the next, "Moxie-Fab World" trends editor/blog writer.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Maria! I can see why this card was published! Wow! A most clever anniversary card! So glad you shared it at ATCAS!

Karen said...

Fabulous card!

shirley-bee said...

... and even more congratulations for making CAS Perfectionist!

Darnell said...

I'm popping back with pleasure to congratulate you on being the HUGE winner of this ATCAS, Maria! So well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell

Becca-expressions said...

Oh...this is FABULOUS. My anniversary is coming up and I am so going to steal this idea!! Thanks for linking to the coordinate site. Congrats on your publications and win over at ATCAS.

Unknown said...

My hubby can expect a card VERY similar to this one in March for our 29th anniversary. Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic design! I'll be sure to link back to your card when I post mine.
Congrats on all of your submissions!!
hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Unknown said...

I spotted your card in the Cards for Him magazine and it totally caught my eye b/c of the coordinates! and I DO love geocaching (although I don't have much time to do it these days). Thanks for all the great links to references too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...