Sunday, February 7, 2021

making valentines - part 3

During the pandemic I've dropped some little gift packs of homemade cards into people's mailboxes - my way of doing something in these weird times and I hope maybe they do something and send them on to people who could use a smile.

I recently had the urge to put together some love cards for my girlfriends since Valentine's Day is approaching. It's not nearly as popular in Germany as in the US, but people know what it is. I'll be sharing some not-your-typical-valentine cards the next couple days.

I don't actually have much in the way of Valentine's Day supplies, though I do have lots of "love" themed items. For my first design I pulled out a background stamp, heat embossed it and ink blended. Old school. SUCH fun. Added a fun die cut sentiment and voila!


The next card follows the same idea, I just added a great heat embossed sentiment from Cathy Zielske.


distress oxides, white satin pearl embossing powder


I'm playing at:
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Love is in the Air
SSS Monday Challenge - Love/Hearts



2 comments:

Rosmarie said...

They're both gorgeous and I especially like the fist one with the bold and really eye-catching "LOVE U"
The new Day of the Month Card Club challenge started today, the theme is Valentine's Day - maybe you'd like to join in.... Rosi x

Claudia said...

Wow, I love this colour combination and your shading is fantastic. Great cards in a enchanting design.

Regards Claudia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...