Saturday, February 6, 2021

making valentines - part 2

During the pandemic I've dropped some little gift packs of homemade cards into people's mailboxes - my way of doing something in these weird times and I hope maybe they do something and send them on to people who could use a smile.

I recently had the urge to put together some love cards for my girlfriends since Valentine's Day is approaching. It's not nearly as popular in Germany as in the US, but people know what it is. I'll be sharing some not-your-typical-valentine cards the next couple days.

I don't actually have much in the way of Valentine's Day supplies, though I do have lots of "love" themed items. For my first design I pulled out a heart stencil  and some red and pink distress oxides. That's enough to scream "Valentine", right? 


Then I remembered a stamp set with a punny sentiment. Figured it could work for a Valentine too. I masked the edges and a circle in the center, stenciled some waves, stamped the whale and sentiment and added a little red heart. Cute.
Action Deutschland stencil
distress oxides, heart punch

Here's a shot of my card packs packaged up (in recycled stamp packaging) and ready to go!



I'm playing at:
Colorhues Challenge - red/pink
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Love is in the Air
Crazy 4 Challenges - Put a Heart on It
Challenge up Your Life - Hearts
The Card Concept - Sweetheart Sweets (luscious red/pink)




6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Love your trio for today! It's fresh, fun and has a lovely modern vibe!
(ps: the red/pink ones would be perfect for our Color Hues challenge this fortnight ;)

Lindsey said...

Such great cards - definitely work as valentines! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Perfect masking to make a great Valentine! Such a great sentiment too! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Karen said...

The heart stencil surely makes a great valentine! And the red and pink hearts are perfect for our Color Hues Challenge. Thanks for joining in; hope to see you again soon.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Valentine card! Love the CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

denise said...

So so beautiful cards! Love them! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!
Denise DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...