Friday, February 5, 2021

making valentines - part 1

During the pandemic I've dropped some little gift packs of homemade cards into people's mailboxes. Cuz it's my way of doing something in these weird times and I hope maybe they do something and send them on to people who could use a smile.

I recently had the urge to put together some love cards for my girlfriends since Valentine's Day is approaching. It's not nearly as popular in Germany as in the US, but people know what it is. I'll be sharing some not-your-typical-valentine cards the next couple days.

I don't actually have much in the way of Valentine's Day supplies, though I do have lots of "love" themed items. For this first one I used a stencil (inked with Tattered Rose distress oxide, offset slightly and inked with Aged Mahogany distress oxide) and a loving sentiment.


Next up I die cut a heart from some gelli prints, 3D dry embossed them and added a sentiment. Voila!




Clear and Simple Love Cupid stamp

These two actually read "Happy Valentine's Day" on the inside ;)

I'm playing at:
Happy Little Stampers - CAS
AAA Cards - One Layer
Inspired By - Krafty Love
SSS Monday Challenge - Love/Hearts
Double D - Valentine Love




 




9 comments:

Darlene said...

These are all just beautiful! What a great CAS design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Vicki said...

Stunning Valentines! Not sure which one I like best. The red/turquoise is beautiful, but so are the others. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Valentine LOVE" Challenge.

Joy Dsouza said...

Fabulous cards. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
- Joy Dsouza

MA-MI said...

Great bunch of heart cards! Thanks for playing with Happy Little Stampers Challenges with your love card.
Ma-Mi, DT HLS CAS

Jane said...

Superb collection of love cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Danni Reid said...

Your CAS love/Valentine's cards are so pretty! I love your stencil work and embossing, beautiful designs. It is so thoughtful of you to be sharing your packs of handmade cards to send hugs, creative and I’m sure have touched so many! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Look at all these beautiful heart cards! Glad you made one for the IB Challenge!

Lynda said...

How effective are these? Loving the colours used - and the dry embossing to add some detail whilst keeping it CAS - thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx Lynda DT

Neets B said...

I love all of these, so simple and using lovely techniques. The red and aqua heart is stunning! I need to investigate these gel plates now! Thanks so much for playing along at HLS CAS challenge, Anita x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...