Wednesday, January 27, 2021

use those scraps

I was cleaning up my paper scraps mess from last week's cardmaking sessions and decided to actually make cards with some of the scraps rather than put the scraps back into my scrap storage. Makes sense, right? How come I never do it?

I took a look at the Distress Ink mop up scraps which were red and realized I needed an anniversary card ... soooo, why not die cut lots of little hearts? This card was born.

Heidi Swap spray ink

The next scrap was from this card way back when. It was pulled out of scrap storage for my pop up box card bouquet making but didn't get used cuz of the blue. So was it to go back to scrap storage? Again? Nope. The negative of the bloom got backed with a portion of it and I even managed to get the sentiment out of skinny little areas of the scrap! That, folks, makes me happy!


The leftover little hearts from the first card had to go somewhere ... four of something isn't the easiest to design with. So I added a sentiment as the fifth element and voila! A birthday card.


I'm joining these challenges:
Use Your Stuff - Out with the Old (YEP! All three cards!)
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - AG with option of  "Something New" (card #2)
The Cat's Pajamas - January






 

2 comments:

missgailly said...

These are absolutely stunning. I might have to lift all of them! Thank you for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

My Paper Epiphany said...

Aren't you clever! Such a gorgeous trio of cards! I love the simplicity and CAS designs. Thanks so much for joining us at PBSC. Hugs:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...