Wednesday, January 20, 2021

playing with pinkfresh floral square frames

Hello. I'm joining the January challenge again, which is basically 2020 in review! There is a link in the post to a larger version of this photo if you want to see what strikes your fancy.

Nathalie's creation for the challenge post totally blew me away. Go check it out - hers is the first project in the post! She was inspired by the June Die Cuts and Cut Files challenge. So I guess I was too. Mostly I loved her color choices, keeping plenty of white too. And the cool stenciled texture in the BG. Hers is a LO. 

Mine is a card. Here's my first one.

Pinkfresh Folk Elements die (just $5 right now)
Distress Oxides, embossing paste

Well my intention was to have the white X pattern all over the card front to tone down the swipes of ink. What I got was embossing paste that picked up the color of the inks. Anyone know - was this cuz the ink wasn't totally dry or is that just a property of the oxides?

I went with it anyhoo. Die cut the little folk elements to match the ink swipes. Added the sentiment using those wonderful alphas. Voila.

But I was still intrigued. Wanted white X pattern all over the card front. So I created this slimline and stenciled white paint and got what I wanted!


See the white pattern all over the cardbase in this close-up?


Otherwise pretty easy. Die cuts from ink-swiped CS. Little PP flags. Sequins. I pretended I was a scrapbooker and brought out all the embellies ;)

This card was not without an oopsie either though. Did you notice it???

I'm playing at:
Make my Monday - Hello (1st card)
Happy Little Stampers - AG with Dies (1st card)
Die Cut Divas - Frame It (2nd card with those floral square frames)
Bastel Traum - #97 Love (2nd card)
Country View Challenges - Squares (2nd card)







 

9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Maria! I love them both! Beautiful colour combo! Have a wonderful day!

Arlene said...

Oxide inks do take a long time to dry completely, but sometimes mistakes make for a totally unique and beautiful card.

Your second card which you submitted to Die Cut Divas is fantastic. I like the background (thank you for the close-up) adding even more texture.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the January "Frame It" challenge.

shirley-bee said...

They’re both fab renditions of your inspiration. I had a similar ourcome when I mistakenly used gesso instead of embossing paste. But Oxide pigment is ultra-rich and grabs at anything.

I like the Oopsie, it’s quirky and very ‘Maria’.

Catie Cuddles said...

Do love both cards and love the tonal colour to the embossing oops.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice! Thank you so much for your contribution to our January 'Squares' Challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Corrie x

Dawn Pauley said...

I think your card came out lovely. Thank you for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Challenge.
Dawn x DTeam

Jane said...

A great card for our squares challenge over at country view. Thanks so much for joining us x

Lea Lawson said...

Love the colors!! Thanks for playing along with our January challenge!

Claudia said...

Such a fresh and happy creation. What is better than flowers to say somebody that we love him. Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...