Friday, January 15, 2021

CAS cards challenge january reminder

Are you finding yourself with more time to craft now that the holidays are over? Usually we roll right into the Mardi Gras season here in my 'hood. But not this year. More time to craft!  I'd like to remind you about this year's first STAMPlorations CAS Cards Challenge



As always the challenge is to create any CAS card, with an optional color twist - this month is pink + red + orange. How fun is that?

May I introduce my CAS card with lots of pink "white space".



Not my typical card perhaps. But I thought I'd illustrate the gallon-quart-pint rule. Here's a little bit about it. I first learned it from Cath at Moxie Fab - remember her? I loved Moxie Fab.

So I took a gallon of bright pink, added a quart of orange and topped it all off with shiny red bows on the presents to bring in the pint of red. I kept the rest really neutral (black).

CAS card tip: Add splatters or small stamped images to tame a bright, overpowering background and also tie in the sentiment color.

For more inspiration with these gift dies check out this post.

I'm looking forward to perusing your CAS card creations! Your project might be chosen as one of the prize winners this month. Check out how the DT was inspired by this month's photo here.

And don't forget about my STAMPlorations discount code STAMPGIRLMARIA for 20% off should I ever inspire you to do some shopping ;)  Thanks for stopping over. See you in the gallery. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...