Monday, November 23, 2015

STAMPlorations inspiration #48


Oh my. Pinks and reds and oranges and watercolors... and PartyGirl. Oh my!

Yep, it's inspiration time at STAMPlorations again and once again I found my inspiration for using Folk Flowers on my Pinterest board. Can you say "Margaret Berg"?

Image Source: Margaret Berg
Gathered up my Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Picked Raspberry. And a mini mister with water. Inked up the reverse of several blooms and spritzed them before stamping around the border of my panel (which I had given a yellow and orange watercolor wash prior). Then I added the outlines of some of the blooms as well as several stems and dot clusters in black.

Then I masked the blooms and stamped PartyGirl. Gave her dress a light wash of pink and some Wink of Stella and her hair a wash of brown. My sentiment is from Blooming Buds. A strip of PP and a black cardbase finished off my project. Oh, and three tiny blooms from gold glitter CS from this punch.

Kinda crazy, but kinda cool. And since I've used stamps (even fronts and backs of stamps) I'm hooking up at Craft Stamper Take it Make it November challenge.

And at a new-to-me ARTastic November Challenge which I discovered while perusing Paper Playful.

Thanks for visiting. Please check out what my teamies created and join us at the Inspiration Playground. It's open until December 5th.


19 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent inspired card!

Jane said...

Very pretty and I love the technique you have used for your blooms. Many thanks for sharing with us on ARTastic.

Lizzy Hill said...

Glad you found us at ARTastic, Maria! Lovely, lovely card! Gorgeous take on our current challenge - thanks for playing along this month :):)

shirley-bee said...

Oh my, indeed! Pinks, reds and oranges never looked so good together! I love all that watercoloury goodness! Thanks for adding it to the Craft Stamper Take It Make It gallery too :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Super cool! Perfect take on the inspiration!

yyam said...

Really arty and cool. LOVE it.

Ellie Knol said...

... beautiful creation !
Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper Challenge!

xxx Ellie xxx

Linda said...

Love this ..... those colours look amazing together! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Martha said...

WOW, Maria, this is striking & beautiful!
I love it!

cm said...

Maria, your translation of the inspiration photo is spell-binding! The flowers, the Party Girl image, the colours...stunning! I think this work of art deserves framing...
Hugs~c

Gio said...

This is really pretty and lovely. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge:-)

Deepti said...

Love how beautifully and perfectly you captured the inspiration :)

Deb said...

Your card is beautiful. The flowers look amazing. Thanks for joining in at ARTastic.

Kim Heggins said...

Just gorgeous...love your beautiful flowers.

Dolly B said...

love the soft water colour effect, very pretty and dreamy. Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic
Mary

Anita in France said...

Wow, Maria ... party girl looks as though she's wandering through a beautiful flower garden ... it's just so gorgeous ... what a delight! Hugs, Anita :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I love the way you've done the flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic.

Anna Uhras said...

Awesome flowers here!! Love your card!! Thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic!! Anna :)

Jenny Colacicco said...

Oh wow - that is so different and so artistic! The colours are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards :) - Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...