Friday, November 27, 2015

STAMPlorations inspiration #49

I've caught the paint-your-own-watercolor-striped-background bug that seems to be going around. I mean, stripes... they're the next best thing to polka dots, right?

So for my inspiration project for STAMPlorations I've done that. And then I decided to create a wheelbarrow full of posiesinsettias. How did I do? Can this pass for a Christmas card?


I stamped the image from Friends and Flowers in Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor paper then colored the blooms with coral and red Zig Clean Color Brush Pens. For the leaves I chose dark green. I made the edges of the blooms less round and more jagged. I'm callin' 'em poinsettias!

Since it might have been the spark that caused my wheelbarrow of poinsettias, I thought I'd share with you a blast from the past (2007) when my kiddies were still so sweet and had their fun decorating cutout cookies... Actually DD still helps me every year.  Anyhoo, notice the poinsettias on the corner of the island? My standard decoration every year. I glued pine cones around the outside of a plastic bowl and then I buy 3 mini poinsettias to set in it. You get the "abundance of poinsettias" look for cheap. Just sayin'.


Can you see the touches of golden shine - the heat embossed sentiment from Sentiment Builders: Christmas and New Year, the bloom centers and the strip of washi at the bottom of the watercolored panel? I even put some gold watercolor over the top of the wheelbarrow but it doesn't show in the photo.


I'm hooking up at Addicted to Stamps and More where it's Make your Mark this time and Simon Says Stamp where the Work it Wednesday for November is about Christmas. And where the Wednesday challenge is Anything Goes.


13 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty!

Suchi said...

Oh yeah it would pass for a Christmas card! The no-line coloring and heat embossing looks fabulous Maria...! The poinsettia in the bg looks sweet...so do your kiddies! :)
Suchi xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun water colored flowers~

Ruth said...

Of course it would pass as a Christmas card - there's red, green and gold in it! I love it - and I love your hand painted stripes xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome, girl!! ;)

Deepti said...

Gorgeous! Love the touch of gold :)

Anita in France said...

In those festive colours, Maria ... your barrowload of blooms certainly appear very poinsettia-ish to me ... they're so pretty! Sweet photo of your kiddo's ... and yummy looking cookies! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Love your little wheelbarrow full of poinsettias and the striped background you created for them. Thanks for sharing it with us at ATSM this week.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Maria and what a precious picture ;)

TaeEun said...

The pink striped background is so pretty! And your coloring of the wheelbarrow with poinsettias is just gorgeous!

Mac Mable said...

I did so enjoy reading your blog post...memories of the poinsettia and the children x Water-colouring stripes are so effective and the flowers do look like poinsettias after you've embellished them! With the touches of gold makes this one glorious card x

jenn shurkus said...

such a sweet card :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty...just love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...