Friday, November 20, 2015

simply create too 99 and goodbye



It's time for challenge #99 at Simply Create Too. Our theme this fortnight is "Snow/Use mostly White". And my card was inspired by both!


I just love the little houses and trees from the Essentials by Ellen Home Hearth die. So I built a snowy little scene with them on a Stitched Rectangle panel.  I backed it with a white panel, dry embossed with stars using a Sizzix Texturz plate.


Added a touch of ink to the die cuts, green on the trees, pink on the stars and gold on the rooftops. And then, my fave of the season, chunky glitter on the trees and along the MFT Snow Drifts.

Isn't it just so peaceful? I only hope there are nothing but peaceful nights around the world this holiday season. 

This is my last post with the lovely ladies over at Simply Create Too. What a great place to play "just for fun" with all types of projects. After two years, I am stepping down from the DT to make way for fresh new faces. Thanks for supporting me and the challenge! 

It would be great to see you over at Simply Create Too too!

I'm joining the Tic Tac Toe challenge at Live and Love Crafts with my card. Glitter, snow, star. Check.

Thanks for coming by today. Have a safe and healthy weekend.

14 comments:

Suchi said...

What a super beautiful winter card...LOVE it Maria! :)
Suchi xx

Aileen said...

This is such a beautiful soft card Maria. Perfect choice, love it.

SD pooja said...

Wow..Its Fantastic !

~amy~ said...

Maria, this is STUNNING.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

So very lovely and peaceful. It is a masterpiece!

Darnell said...

From your lips to God's ear, Maria! We need those hopes and prayers for peace. Until that happens, your card brings me peace. It is a serene and sweet vision of a winter wonderland! You will be missed at Simply Create Too!!

BTW, I don't know if you're familiar with it, or interested, but I just noticed a challenge called TGIF Challenge and the theme is "white Christmas" so your card would be perfect! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful design Maria. Love the layers and texture of white ... which just the hints on colours. You are so right ... it is peaceful ... and beautiful. xx

Kim Heggins said...

OH no....Maria, you will be so missed but I totally understand. Your card is simply gorgeous, love all that beautiful white.

Anita in France said...

Yes, Maria ... peaceful ... and so beautiful! The white on white with just a hint of soft colour is just gorgeous ... lovely, lovely, lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful! I love the dustings of colour on the stars, trees and houses.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh so pretty, with those soft touches of color!

cm said...

You've created a warm, welcoming village, Maria. Soooo pretty! You'll be missed at Simply Create, Too but on the up side: we know where to find you!
Hugs~c

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is soft and sweet, Maria. :-) 😍
I want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

What a peaceful and elegant winter scene; WOW is always stunning! Thanks for playing Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe with LLC.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...