Tuesday, November 17, 2015

mixing mediums for the MMCC


I've got another card for you for the Mixed Media Card Challenge. The theme this month is "Family" and I've got another special birthday in the family this month. This time it's my uncle. Meet his card.


Stamps and ink? Yessir. I just love those numbers from We R Memory Keepers. I've gotten so much use out of them! And the sentiment is one of my fave ever, from PTI Keep it Simple Birthday.
And mixed media?
TEXTURE - embossing paste, heat embossed "80" and sentiment, textured cardstock, even the die cut "uncle" from MFT Bright Lights Alpha
DIMENSION - raised focal panel, mirror cardstock hearts
TECHNIQUE - embossing paste through stencils, heat embossing


I pulled inspiration from the Sketch 254 and Color 33 challenges over at MFT.


And I'm joining the lovely ladies at Seize the Birthday for Anything Goes.


Appreciate your visit today.

15 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a super-fun birthday card design ... love it.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great masculine card!

Shelly said...

This is awesome, Maria!!

Deepti said...

Awesome!! love the diecut alphabets :)

Susan R. Opel said...

Very cool, Maria! Good to see you here. :)

Colleen said...

wow, girl, you have it all and it makes a fabulous birthday card...how great you get to celebrate 80 years with him! Thank you for sharing at Seize the Birthday!

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful, masculine card! I love the colors and the texture!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous!

alexandra s.m. said...

What an adorable card Maria!
Thank You~

cm said...

Uncle is going to be smitten with this card, Maria...love it!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Cool, fun and wonderfully graphic, Maria ... your uncle will love it! Delighted you played along at Seize the Birthday during my Surprise Party Guest spot! Hugs, Anita :)

Jodene said...

Such a fun card, I bet your uncle will really love it! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

sannalippert said...

fabulous card!!! really like this one alot!

Naomi said...

Great use of texture on this one! I like the gold strip extending beyond the frame.

Happy Dance said...

Nice! So much interest on this card. Your uncle is going to love it! Those letters are fabulous too. Great masculine card. Bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...