Tuesday, November 24, 2015

oh those colors. oh that texture.

Howdy friends! Have you seen the mood board over at Ellen Hutson's Pinsights Challenge?


How exquisite are those colors? Absolutely gorgeous. I had a technique in mind involving embossing powder so I was limited to colors I have, but this is what I came up with.


Stamped a few elements from STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements on my creme cardbase. Laid down the ARTplorations Honeycomb Delight Reversed and applied clear embossing paste. Removed the stencil and sprinkled brown, copper and teal embossing powders onto the wet paste.

I hit it with a heat gun which caused the powder AND paste to melt a bit leaving a nice bumpy texture. Perfect since I'm playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge where it's about Texture this month.

Then I die cut words from Essentials by Ellen Merry and Bright from woodgrain and glitter papers and used the positive of "be" and the negative of "happy" layered onto a swatch of vellum for my sentiment. Inside reads "it's your birthday". 


Cool colors. Lotsa texture. Another card for the guy stash! Thanks for visiting today.

I'm also joining in at Ingrid's Mixed Media World  for challenge #9 "Anything Goes".



15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my gracious ... this is just outstanding, Maria! I really don't know much about Mixed Media... but you seem to have a wonderful way with it!
=] Michele

Ruth said...

Wow! That's amazing! Love those colours and the me,ted texture on the card. Xx

Cathy said...

Wonderful colours and texture, Cathy x

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so funny I was sitting here at my computer studying the Pin Sights photo contemplating what kind of card I might make for the challenge and your card popped up in my email. I don't think I can possibly make anything as GORGEOUS as your card, Maria, love how you were inspired!

cm said...

Gorgeous...innovative...inspired. I'm in love...
Hugs~c

Deepti said...

Way to rock the textures :) simply stunning !!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card!

SD pooja said...

Wow..Amazing card !

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous colour and texture!

Loll said...

Very cool! Great texture ... awesome colours. xx

MakaArt said...

Really amazing!! ;-)

Carol D said...

Gorgeous! The texture is wonderful.

Anita in France said...

Coo, texture-y and completely touchable, Maria ... this is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Cris G. said...

What an absolutely cool mixed media card!

Rachel said...

gorgeous card! the embossing powder looks awesome and such gorgeous colors. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...