Sunday, July 9, 2017

the heart desires beachy challenge - take one


Ahhh summer! I realize it's only true in my hemisphere. But doesn't this mood board just scream summertime? And oh that touch of Wilted Violet ;)

I had to play along with The Heart Desires challenge #14, not only cuz I missed last month's but cuz it's the store's first anniversary so all the more reason to join the fun. Their challenge mood boards are always gorgeous, don't you agree?

Well my first inclination was to pull out some Lilypad digi papers which I discovered through Kate L. I thought the color scheme kinda fit. Though beachy it's not.

(I also watercolored some seashells with my Gansai Tambi but they didn't "work" with my digi papers, so I turned them into two additional cards you'll see tomorrow.)

Decided to channel my inner Kate and play around with PP and layers.

On my first card I just started die cutting some panels.... big print, neutral print...


Added a strip of washi, a piece of die cut vellum, some die cut stems and a circle and then topped it all off with a heat-embossed-on-vellum seashell and "hugs" cut from cardstock I'd swiped some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide onto.


And needing a sympathy card I layered a stripe cover die cut from woodgrain cardstock over the darkest PP from the pack.


Added a single white stem and a heat embossed sentiment on ripped vellum. I've only partially adhered the die cuts so there is movement to the design. I really like how the artsy PP works paired with the graphic white stripes. Did I capture the striped-beach-towel-summery-feeling?


seashell

I'm hooking these cards up at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Die Cuts. Thanks for visiting. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. We had a lovely summery one. And beer!



9 comments:

SD pooja said...

Two fantastic cards ! Loved the layering on the first one a lot and the die-cut look interesting on second one :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, talk about beautiful layering.

SugarGem said...

Wow these are awesome. So eclectic and fun. Thank you for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge

Anita in France said...

Fabulous collage-y layering, Maria ... and those bright white stripes work so well with the bold artsy background PP! Very cool, both of them! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two amazing cards Maria!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous..Love both the cards...you are so good with layering..Love your designs..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

~amy~ said...

I'm thrilled that this month's challenge had you so inspired...your cards are absolutely lovely!
Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

Seemaa said...

Lovely card, amazing colurs and awesome layering!!!
Thanks for playing with us @ Happy Little Stampers "Anyhting Goes with Dies " Challenge. All the best.
Hugs
DT Seemaa
https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love that you came to play at THD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...