Wednesday, March 21, 2018

alcohol inked and bloomtangled

I think I've mentioned before that it's rare that I see a card in blogland and then run right down to my craft room to make something! It happened recently though.

Saw this amazing card by Janette K as part of the Spellbinders blog hop. It occurred to me that I could do something similar using a cover plate die. AND one of the alcohol ink on Yupo backgrounds I'd just created (maybe you saw these on IG). I'm so proud of myself. I used a BG right away! That doesn't happen often either when I get into one of those create-a-zillion-BGs moods.

digital PP
alcohol ink Watermelon, Red Pepper, Sunshine Yellow
white embossing powder
circle punch

I was so impressed with Janette's use of the bold red colors I just trimmed the full die cut down to have only the bloom and a couple leaves. I traced it onto my Yupo and then used scissors to cut that panel. Glued them together with Multi Matte medium.

I loved the use of B/W in the form of the sentiments randomly stamped on the original card, but decided to use black for my die cut and bring in the B/W with the PP. Love that sentiment stamp.

Come back tomorrow for another card along these lines. Used that warped Yupo BG I created in cool tones...

I would like to take this to:
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes March
Happy Little Stampers - AG with Dies March

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

Wow..so bold and beautiful !

Craft-E-Place said...

Stunning! So vibrant.
Elaine

Lisa :) said...

Super bright and eye catching!!!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous hot colours, Maria ... and a hint of glint (?) ... so dramatic and bold with the black cover plate ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, Maria, this is a striking card with the bold colors and the b/w! Absolutely love it!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful use of your alcohol ink backgrounds. It is fun to try and use your cover plate die cuts in different ways. Wonderful card
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

One of those bloomtangled dies again - can't wait to get mine!!

Super make!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...