Friday, March 30, 2018

STAMPlorations spring release - woodland friends


Welcome to day 5 and the last day of the STAMPlorations Spring Release. The four-legged friends are the star of the release and today it's all about our friends in the forest. Meet Woodland Friends.


I may not be a cat fan, but I love me some woodland critters. And I love that Shery illustrated these with some solid areas, cuz I'm a fan of black and white. In other words, no coloring necessary. You may have seen this card of mine with lotsa coloring (for me at least). Well, I went with a similar design, but kept the critters B/W. See how those touches of black give them just enough interest? I love it!


I actually masked and stamped and fussy cut the bottom section from white CS and added some watercolor shadowing under the critters before glueing it onto my Distress Inked BG (Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot). Heat embossed the sentiment almost camouflaged into that wintry sky.

And then I decided to showcase the racoon and his (or in this case, her) wonderful tail.


Paired her up with a bold sentiment Be You, colored the tail with Copics (cuz she's being the "you" she wants to be, get it?) and gave it a shot of Wink of Stella for sparkle. A touch of washi gave this super CAS card a little something extra.

And then, cuz a gelli print scrap fell into my hands during my craft room organizing...


From the moment I saw the deer's stance and that sentiment, I knew I wanted to pair them up. I thought that little forest scene (Poetry of the Earth) on the gelli print strip was wonder-worthy. So I added it to the card. Used Memento brown ink to stamp the sentiment and the ground using Mixed Media Grunge. Stamped and watercolored the deer with DI Gathered Twigs.

I think this set is going to be a lot of fun ;) It's somewhere between cutesy and artsy which I predict will make it a joy to reach for for both styles of projects.

Shery's offering generous prizes during this release. Leave comments by April 2 on all the release posts this week on the STAMP blog and the DT blogs to be in the running for a $25 GC or all five new stamp sets from this release! Check out what my teamies created over at the STAMPlorations blog.

I'm joining the fun at:
Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday - Inking Technique
Simon Says Stamp - National Craft Month
Kreativetanten - Tiere

26 comments:

SD pooja said...

All three cards show your love for woodland critters ! I love each of them..

Karthikha said...

Fantastic set of cards!! The first one is my fav, with that gorgeous night sky background!

Gail said...

Three wonderful creations here - I like the background very much on the deer card - and the lovely sky on the first one - the second was a nice layout with the fab stamp as well

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! Love that raccoon with the rainbow tail!

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous cards, Maria. Love these cute critters.
Love your beautiful BG on the first card and the
critters in b/w. The 2nd card is a perfect CAS card.
And the last card, love the artsiness!

Dee Earnshaw said...

delightful cards - love the different techniques you used on them :)

Sue D said...

Love the variety of cards you created with this cute set.

Marianne said...

Amazing cards, Maria. I'm glad I don't have to pick a favourite, since I love them all!

Karenladd said...

I love all three cards, and that rainbow tailed raccoon is adorable!

D.Ann C said...

These are all so cool! Love the unexpected tail colors, the white contrast to the night sky and the gorgeous background for the deer!

Cathy said...

Fantastic cards, love the variety, Cathy x

Lucy E. said...

I love all of your cards-what
a variation of styles!
I agree-great set...the animals are cute,
but also have a realistic side as well.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Totally fun and stunning!

Arianna Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! Too sweet and cute cards!!! Love these adorable critters!!!

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome trio of cards -- love the "snowy" scene with the galaxy bg

Craftychris said...

All three cards with these adorable critters are amazing! The rainbow tailed raccoon is just awesome! xxx

Ruth said...

These are fabulous! The hedgehog really makes me smile a lot. I love that you've kept them black and white with your first card to contrast that gorgeous blue xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Super cute animals! I love your adorable cards!

Valerija said...

These are fabulous. I love them all.
Valerija xx

Raga Senthil said...

These are super cute. Love the racoon with rainbow tail very much. 💕❤️😍

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards. You are right about them needing no colour. The racoon is so cute. Hugz

Esther Asbury said...

Three great cards! Love the background on the first and the fun way you did the deer card!

Tee said...

Another great fun and versatile set! Your cards are fantastic and really cute!

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun cards Maria. Great layouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...