Thursday, March 22, 2018

alcohol inked and bloomtangled again

Did you see my post yesterday where I was inspired by this amazing card by Janette K and it occurred to me that I could do something similar using a cover plate die? AND one of the alcohol ink on Yupo backgrounds I'd just created (maybe you saw these on IG). I'm so proud of myself. I used a second BG right away! 

gifted die cut
alcohol ink Sailboat Blue and ?
gilding flakes

I wanted to use the Yupo BG that had warped from too much heat gun. So with the cool colors, I chose to use a white die cut. I had the bottom portion and the sentiment done but was stumped as to what to do with the white space up top. Sprinkled some sequins but it needed something meatier. Enter another fussy cut portion of the die cut and another bit of the inked BG! Glued everything together with Multi Matte medium.

I would like to take this to:
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes March
The Flower Challenge - #18 Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - AG with Dies March

9 comments:

SD pooja said...

I loved this one more :)

Daria Z. said...

Love the rich blues of this card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Fantastic!!!! I love the colors and it makes me happy to know you are making great use of the pretty papers you created!

Anita in France said...

Another stunner, Maria ... LOVE the cool blues with the crisp white ... the touch of gilding is yummy ... so unexpected ... and so you! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

You made such a beautiful card Maria!love the blues and that amazing Yupo backgrouhd. Great cover die you used too, really looks great in white over the blue.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Ruth said...

Absolutely LOVE this technique - just seeing those colours framed by the white - and the black in your previous card. Just makes it pop out so much. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

You really want me to buy this cover plate, don't you? Lol! And I will! This card is a real eye candy as well!

Aileen said...

Another beautiful creation Maria. I love all the cards you have entered and the variety of different makes. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Maria. I have only recently bought some Alcohol Inks and tried on photo paper. I am about to buy some Yupo Paper from an Art Shop in a few days and can't wait to experiment more. Of course I know I now NEED more inks. Also just received my bloomtanged die. Love your AI background with that gorgeous die.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...