Friday, October 23, 2015

simply create too 97



Welcome to challenge #97 at Simply Create Too. Our theme is "Baby It's Cold Outside". And my card was inspired by a bush I see when out walking the dog on cold mornings. It has a few leaves still hanging on, with the coolest red veins. So I decided to make a card with some white leaves with red veins and some leaf skeletons.



Looks like I used kraft CS, but I didn't. I swiped Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress Inks onto a Neenah white CS panel then splattered it with water! Let it dry.

Then I stamped the red veins (Papertrey Leave it Be) with Cranberry Adirondack dye ink and overstamped them with white pigment ink. Did you see my last SCT card using this same stamp set?

I heat embossed the sentiment (Technique Tuesday Sorry) with Liquid Platinum embossing powder onto vellum which was die cut with a Spellbinders leaf die.

A closer look at the water splatters and ghost stamping.


It would be great to see you over at Simply Create Too! I'm joining these fun challenges:

The Paper Players #267



The City Crafter - Into the Wood (hope mine qualifies)

Thanks for visiting.





12 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh I love this! I love the softness of the background with those bright red leaf veins. We're getting into autumn that's for sure! Xx

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, those leaves are awesome!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you soon!

stampwithsandy said...

The is beautiful, Maria! I love the colors too, and how you stamped with the pigment and dye inks for your ghost stamping. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Donna said...

Pretty card... even without the 'wood' included :)

Anita in France said...

So cool, Maria ... you captured the frosty-leaf look so perfectly ... it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Unique & wonderful!

SonjaK said...

Beautiful card!

Stella said...

This is a beautiful technique and your card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

sweet art designs said...

Beautiful card. Great technique. You have inspired me to try this. -Myrna (SCT -DT)

sweet art designs said...

Beautiful card. Great technique. You have inspired me to try this. -Myrna (SCT -DT)

sweet art designs said...

Love your card design. Wonderful layering technique, great colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

sweet art designs said...

Love your card design. Wonderful layering technique, great colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...