Friday, October 9, 2015

orange to mix it up, purple to stop it

It behooved me (huh, where did that come from?) to throw my hat in the ring when I saw the Mix Up at Ellen Hutson Classroom - Essentials by Ellen and WPlus9.

And I hoped to support Becca C.'s Hop to Stop domestic violence. What a great idea to make people aware of this problem and perhaps encourage victims to do something to get out of a bad situation... Thanks for putting this together, Becca.

So two cards for you.


I've used the pocket and sentiments from WPlus9 A Pocketful and the blooms from Essentials by Ellen Bold Blooms. And some ancient Bo Bunny PP. Notice my enamel dot in the center of the solid bloom? Yep, a DIY fail.




Then lots of purple cuz that's the color of National Domestic Violence Awareness month. Did you know one in three women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetime. That is a staggering number. Please join the hop if you can. You can send your cards to Becca and she will pass them on to her local Community Violence Convention Center for their use. How great is that!





I used the long “ray” from Avery Elle Bright Days to cover card, staggering images and stamping from the top and bottom. When done, I inked the stamp with my darkest purple, kissed it with the PTI  Sketched Shapes striped banner stamp and stamped, repeating a few times for interest. Misted it all with water/Perfect Pearls mixture to soften. Then I stamped triangles from Mama Elephant Trifecta along top and bottom with platinum StazOn. Stamped a sentiment from Kaisercraft Today with white pigment ink and offset with Versamark which I heat embossed platinum. Now that's a lot of purple.

I'm sending the first card over to Simply Create Too where it's about "Halloween colors" and the second to Papertrey Make it Monday where it's about "Stripes" and Avery Elle AEIU where it's about  "Pink". I'm counting Adirondack Raspberry as part of the pink family ;)

21 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Hey, the wonky enamel dot is cool! (If not precisely what you intended lol...the story of my DIY life!) and I love the intensity of the colours in your purple card!

Lisa said...

I love both cards. The first one with the mostly white and then spots of orange.. love it.. I love that pocket! And the background on the purple one is awesome! Both really nice cards...

SD pooja said...

Wonderful cards ,loved both of them !

SewPaperPaint said...

What a cool background and love those amazing triangles!!!

Kara Lynne said...

It behooves me to tell you that both of your cards are wonderful :) What a great mix of the products on the first card. I'd like jeans that color and pattern, but I don't think I could carry it off. Your mix of purples and pink is gorgeous!

Tiffani Trumble said...

I love everything about this card! Its colors are vibrant and beautiful, I love the white triagles and write to make it pop and the shimmer is dazzling! thank you for supporting the hop to stop!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the background and the cool graphic triangles.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your purple card looks so striking. Saw you entry at the Hop to Stop and dropped in to have a closer look. Your projects are gorgeous...I will be dropping in again.
Do drop by my blog when you can
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You have some awesome creation here!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow two great cards. The first one with orange and black combo looks elegant, and before I saw the second card and you said "...lots of purple..." I went back to look at the orange card and said where's the purple? Not seeing any, I paged down and there was the "lots of purple" and you were right, lots of purple, and beautifully water colored purples, along with some embossing...very pretty.

Dana Joy said...

Very cool purple card. Found you along the hop. Great job.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous cards, the first one has a very clever design and the second has stunning colours. Enjoy your weekend :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your purple beauty caught my eye at the Hop to Stop, and I wanted to come over to get a closer look. Both of your cards are lovely! The background on your purple card is stunning! Thank you for supporting this worthwhile and very serious issue.

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE this terrific bold embossing! Beautiful card!
Take care!
Michele

Anita in France said...

Bold, dramatic and so striking, Maria ... both of them ... love that Bright Days ray ... such a cool background with it! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Skinner said...

DIY fail??? Thought it was some new designer embellishment!!! I am with Anita, both cards are very striking yet so different. Have a lovely day! :-) xxx

Jerrie said...

OOH, I love your background. It is so vibrant and fun. What a great sentiment. Your card rocks!

Diana K said...

These two cards make quite the impact. I'm especially loving your purple one.

conil said...

Wow! What fun Came to see the Hop to Stop card, which is gorgeous, by the way, and got a beautiful twofer to look at, as well. Your cards ard dynamic and fun.

I Card Everyone said...

Hey YOU!!! So happy to read that you've won the Mix it UP challenge at E.H.!!! Wooo Hoooo!
=]

Inkyfingers said...

What a great card design! I love the tilted background panel and the flowers in the pocket are a great idea.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...