Thursday, October 22, 2015

day 3 STAMPlorations spotlight - Folk Flowers


Welcome to Day 3 of the STAMPlorations October release Spotlight where it's all about Shirley's new set called FOLK FLOWERS. One of those sets where there is so much you can do with it, you don't know where to start!


Seriously. And thus I started actively using the black hole lovingly known as Pinterest! Seriously. As in, need some inspiration? Check out my board devoted to Folk Art here.

I opted to go with a "Wycinanki" inspiration I had seen a long time ago. Oh those colors!

Image Source
I used this image to determine my colors and create the layout for my card. But... I chose to use black cardstock. And colored pencils. And white embossing. This is what happened.

Easy peasy. I may give this same design another try with a technique I used here to achieve more brilliant colors. Thanks for visiting today.

Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here, as well as a Flash Linky Party where you can hook up FALL FLOWER cards you've made.

As always, Shery is being generous with the prizes:
  • SEVEN (7) commenters randomly drawn from the designers' blogs will each win a $10 gift certificate.
  • ONE (1) commenter randomly drawn from the STAMPlorations blog will win a $25 gift certificate.
  • THREE (3) players randomly drawn from the Fall Flower Flash Linky Party will each win a stamp set from the new release.
Enjoyed another relaxing coloring episode while coloring in the heat embossing with colored pencils. Thanks for the encouragement, Kathy R.


And I'm hooking up at Addicted to Stamps and More #167 cuz I made lotsa marks with my pencils ;)


27 comments:

Golden Goddess Designs said...

wow! simply gorgeous! love it!

Alicia

conil said...

Stunning...just beautiful color and contrast.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I also went to my friend Pinterest! Love your coloring on the black

Jerrie said...

The coloring on black is cool. Love the card

Dee Earnshaw said...

This is such a gorgeous card. The white embossed flowers on the black background POP, and the colored pencil coloring is perfect. Thank you for inspiring me:)

Hussena said...

Wow !! Gorgeous card ...I love your design and coloring !

Suchi said...

Love the use of colored pencils and white embossing... they look perfect for the black background :) thanks for the hop... :)

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful work!! Love the inspirations you have chosen!! And a nice take on that!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Rushd Lady said...

Pretty! Yes, I know about that Pinterest black hole! It's actually been good for my genealogy/history research more-so than my crafting although you can't tell that by all the pins I have. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You understand perfectly about the Grinch! LOL! Santa was supposed to have gotten me water-color pencils last Christmas and I think he fell down on the job! Have a great day!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

WOW!!! This turned out awesome. I have never colored on black. I'm going to have to try this now. TFS

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wowzer! This looks amazing!

Sandy said...

I've never tried to use colored pencils on black paper but you sure got a WOW out of it.

Urban Mermaid said...

That's stunning! You really nailed the folksy style.

D.Ann C said...

Lovely folk look!

Karen Petitt said...

Such beautiful use of colour! Beautiful folk look too - love it! Thanks for the blog hop and for sharing your creations with us Karen x

aussie aNNie said...

Maria I just love what you have made, so clever and pretty.x {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Rahmat said...

Love you source image, it is so striking Maria, it is a beautiful make.

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous colors!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful design! Such vibrant flowers!

Unknown said...

Love the effect of the white embossing and colouring against the back background!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love, love, love this stunning card. The black, white and colour is a fabulous contrast Maria.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

A real wow card. Loved the use of the black background and your colouring is gorgeous x

shirley-bee said...

Perfection!

Tanja said...

love the design and the coloring on black cardstock - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM - Hugs, Tanja

Anita in France said...

What an amazing glow around your folk art design, Maria ... love how the white embossing and jewel colours really pop against the black! Hugs, Anita :)

Pink Unicorn said...

I can't believe how well you got the colours to show off the black card! what's the secret? Your card is so beautiful and perfect for the style of the flowers.

Maye M.L said...

Stunning card. Bountiful inspiration to be gathered. Absolutely have to give this technique a try. Cheers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...