Sunday, November 22, 2015

giving thanks for easy peasy place cards

Thanks to my enabler, Virginia L,  the SSS Giving Thanks die came to live at my house last year after this card knocked my socks off.

Every year I get so excited about some decorating idea I've seen in a magazine and dream of making it happen for my Thanksgiving dinner. And then, suddenly, it's the week before (we celebrate it with friends on a Sunday since it's not a German holiday) and the reality of shopping and cleaning and baking hits and those dreams fly out the window.

Just in case you are a better planner and have time, here's what I'd hoped to do this year for place cards. Here's what I did.


There are 14 in total, but here are two of my favorites.



After die cutting, I white heat embossed a leaf with text from STAMPlorations Trendy Leaves. Then I smooshed watered-down Distress Inks onto them and let them dry. Scored each one an inch from the bottom so that it would stand nicely and added PC-generated names.


I chose Colour Me's #97 red and olive for inspiration although I used some oranges and yellows on some too.
And I'm hooking up at the Let me Espresso my Gratitude (how great is that name, eh?) challenge at Paper Issues, the November Anything Goes at WOW Embossing Powder and Thanks/Thankful at SSS Monday Challenge too.

Turkey smells just about done. DH is slicing ham. The sun is shining. I'm a happy hostess. If you're in the middle of Thanksgiving prep, may everything go as you planned! Enjoy.

10 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Why worry today when you can panic tomorrow, eh? Being organised is boring. Love the pretty washes of colour over the embossed leaves.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cool! Hmmm thinking I might need that die, too.....talking about enabling....

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Checked out that place card link. Like yours much better!

Anita in France said...

I'm with Cornelia, Maria ... your place cards are sooooo much more delicious than the link ones ... they're just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Maria, I love these beauties!
Fabulous design & "smooshing".

cm said...

Maria, I wandered over to see the photos of what you 'wanted' to create and I agree wholeheartedly with Cornelia and Anita: yours are definitely prettier! The swirls of colour, the 'giving' die cut...Your table will be welcoming and stylish!
Hugs~c

Deepti said...

Wow ! These totally rock :) love love love this idea !!

Virginia L. said...

Now you just knock my socks off......this is the trendiest place cards ever!! SWOOOOOON! LOVE everything about them, Maria! You totally have outdone yourself! Your creativity never cease to amaze me. I never knew that I am quite the enabler! LOL. I am so thrilled to have enabled you...my next one is MISTI. Now you love stamping, right? Well, then....enough said. :) Alles Liebe!

Michelle said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! I love everything about these. Thank you for sharing your art with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. They're beautiful! ~Michelle

Suchi said...

Oooooo.....what a greattt idea this one is Maria..I am always admiring the way you bring your cards to such a classy level! Thanks for sharing... :)
Suchi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...