Thursday, February 7, 2019

twofer fer the flower challenge

OK. Have you seen this card? Knocked my socks off. It's Ericka's DT card for the current Flower Challenge where the theme is 


I need that challenge every day to even keep up with my NBUS! So I went into the pile and looked for flowers. And found this new die from my dollar store. And the Penny Black sketchy flowers. Then I went to my stash of backgrounds looking for something with reddish pinks and blues to die cut cuz I needed a nod to Ericka. And this happened.

acrylic paint Gelli print

And because that die created a pretty little rectangular piece leftover, I turned it into a spotlight card.


Hope you liked my twofer.

I'm heading over to:
Papercraft Challenge - Something New (my die and stamp!)
Penny Black and More - Anything Goes with option of tags
Stamping Sensations - All things Bright and Beautiful (blooms of course)
Watercooler Wednesday - AG Feminine

8 comments:

Karen Brown said...

What a beautiful and creative card! Love your pink floral die-cuts against the crisp white background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Marina said...

Really like this effect.

Anita in France said...

A gorgeous duo, Maria ... those vibrant colours are just fabulous against the glorious white space and line art blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

Ruth said...

This is fabulous because we all need a kick sometimes to use those things we buy that we are sure we need that then languish in a box for a year before we remember we boughht them.... etc etc..... LOVE that you got a twofer from it. Darnell would be proud! x

Gail said...

Very clever way to do the spotlight technique! Beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! I love, love this style of the spot lighting technique, the colors on this little window are amazing, beautifully done Maria.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you come and play again soon.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

such pretty colours on these lovely cards! i really like the block of colour and how it pops with the flowers on the second one. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Doris P. said...

Die Farben beider Karten sind wunderschön. Tolle Stempel-Stanz-Kombi. Schön, dass du bei der Papercraft Challenge mitmachst.
LG Doris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...