Monday, February 11, 2019

journal journey - dylusional

Howdy and happy Monday, peeps! I'm back again with another page of my newly started art journal (check out the link if you want the back story)!!!

As I mentioned in that post, as the creative journey would have it, I opened my prepped "journal" up  at a double orange spread, loving the swirly effect I'd created, and wondering how the heck I'd done it. That sparked an idea for my first page about not remembering how I'd prepped the orange pages!

I was thinking Dylusions cuz I think I'd used the spray ink for the BG. And you might have caught in my social media that I had the honor of shaking Dyan Reaveley's hand last month at Creativeworld in Frankfurt (as in I just walked up to her - she was on her way to grab some lunch - and said "May I shake your hand?" to which she responded "Yes. Why?" to which I responded "Cuz you're my girl crush, I love to watch your videos" at which point we continued to chat about her time at Creativation in Phoenix and her soon-to-be-born grandson...) Still cannot how believe how cool that was!

So... Why not create my second art journal page as an ode to Dyan and a way to remember that encounter?

STAMPlorations soon-to-be-released Bloomdala Bliss stamp
Studio Calico gold star rub ons
Sharpies
white acrylic paint
white paint pen

Stamped some of Dyan's border stamps. Actually the page had that outline of a heart (with some texture paste waste I suppose?!?) on it already so I made a mask and stamped multiple images from a soon-to-be-released STAMPlorations set into the heart. Used a Sharpie to doodle the "dyan" in the heart and for the journaling and die cuts for the "ode 2". Used gold CS for "ode" to pick up on the texture paste  and then later added some gold star rub ons too.


Though I'd started with the blank orange page, I had to add some Bubblegum Pink down the right side cuz that's my fave Dylusions color. Stamped some white acrylic paint circles. I nearly squealed later when I realized there were 7 and the word "dylusional" which had come into my mind had 7 letters! How perfect!

Upper left I also stenciled some cascading white stars and stamped some black ones.


I chose three sentiments that support my love for Dyan and her free spirit and stamped them in random spots - thank you, welcome the unexpected and the best... good energy is contagious!


I'm gonna say it again, peeps... it is SO MUCH FUN to just go with the flow! Start with an idea, any idea, and then just let it lead you.

Do you have a favorite art journal/mixed media artist? I'd love to hear who.

I'm hooking up at:
More Mixed Media Challenge - AG Feb
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge - Use a Stencil
We Love 2 Create - AG Mixed Media
Creative Artiste - AG Mixed Media
Craft Stamper - Take it Make it February


8 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Hallo Maria. Deine Art Journal Seite fasziniert mich total und ich finde es echt toll wie Du sie gestaltet hast. Ich habe letzten Samstag das Gel printing und die Distress Oxyde Inks entdeckt. Am Anfang wusste ich nicht was ich mit all diesen Abdrücken anfangen soll aber so langsam kommen die Ideen und ich bin wirklich erstaunt was man alles damit machen kann!
Hoffe Du zeigst uns noch viele solcher Seiten...
Liebe Grüsse Rosi

Jane Savage said...

Wow fantastic page! The colours are so vibrant and happy!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane (DT) xxx

Andree said...

Another fabulous journal page. Gorgeous, vibrant colour blends and a great use of the super stamps.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Anita in France said...

That stamped element 'good energy is contagious' is what I spotted on first seeing this vibrant, bold and dynamic page, Maria ... even before I read your post. Those words encapsulates everything about this piece! Hugs, Anita :)

Elina Stromberg said...

These gorgeous, vibrant colours took me right into a spring mood! Great job!
Thanks for playing with us at Craft Stamper blog challenge ❤

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome journal page..bright and funky..perfect for our challenge at More Mixed Media...Thank you so much for joining is..x

Lys said...

Gorgeous and bright colours for this spread. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!

Tanja said...

those colors really pop - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...