Wednesday, October 17, 2018

altenew october challenge - rose filament

Been creating, inspired by this month's Altenew challenge, and here's my first creation.

Distress Inks
gold embossing powder

So I happened to see this lovely graphic, recognizing Virginia's photo from her Iceland trip. AND. I happened to clean up my basket of "new goodies to use before putting them away" which held the rose die. So I painted some watercolor onto paper in roughly the shape of the die. Then I die cut the rose. Then I added another layer of color to the outline part of the die. Adhered it and the little pieces as inlaid die cuts to my card front.




I had heat embossed the Wow rich gold sentment, thinking it had enough body to hold all that richness. Not so sure it was the best idea. But a few of the little chunks blew and stuck to the card. So I went with it - embossed splatters rather than watercolor splatters! Heating from below is the trick to this technique.


I also felt the design needed a little more oomph, so added a few images inked with watercolor behind the rose. The secondary sentiment was heat embossed onto a snippet I gave a light wash of green and orange. Whew!

I also discovered the Altenew Mega Succulent in my basket. Had to have it. Hadn't seen ink yet. So I checked out a couple videos and had a play. Watch for those creations tomorrow.

I'm joining these challenges:
The Flower Challenge - Add Sparkle (all that shiny gold counts)
Happy Little Stampers - October Watercolor (got the gold!)




9 comments:

Maryam said...

Love this card and design.

SD pooja said...

Ahha what a beautiful card !! We have entered same challenges ;)

Kim Heggins said...

stunning...this is so beautiful! love those soft and pretty peach colors with the gold.

Bobby said...

Gorgeous, Maria. I love that hint of image behind the rose.

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Maria ... wondered how you got those dimensional splatters ... they're fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Macimbalo said...

The gold on your card is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!

Aileen said...

As always Maria a beautiful card with such rich gold embossing and finished to perfection. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Ruth said...

Fabulous and I love the gold splatter - I think it was a fortuitous accident with the embossing powder. xx

Virginia L. said...

Ach...so scheon!! Love the gold embossing with the color combo (and your oomph!!), Maria! The inlaid die cutting of the Bamboo Rose adds such a flair in this! The extra specks of "strayed bits" COMPLETES this a gorgeous piece! Thanks so much for playing Altenew October Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...