Monday, August 18, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #18



How do you like this sketch? It's the newest one at STAMPlorations. Probably a whole lotta room for interpretation there, but I went pretty literal again. Made a masculine card in contrast to this one a couple weeks ago.


Just asked DH - looking over my shoulder - if this reminds him of the beach. He responded "more like steamy windows". What am I to make of that??? Guess that's OK for a guy card, too, eh?!

Anyhoo, I stamped the strip of sentiments from SUBWAY ART BUILDERS: Dare down the left side with Hero Arts Soft Granite and then die cut the smaller rectangle from the card front. Inked it up with Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean. Die cut the larger rectangle and stamped the sentiment in black. Then I partially distress inked the front panel with Gathered Twigs and Salty Ocean. Splattered some water onto my "beach" scene.

Adhered CS on the inside of the card front and adhered the smaller rectangle with foam adhesive. Adhered the larger rectangle with doubled foam adhesive and voila!

Check out the fun takes on the sketch from the DT and our oh-so-lovely guest designer, Carol, of Just me: c fame and give it a go. If you are chosen as the winner of the sketch challenge you may pick three digital products from All About Scrapping. And you'll be a guest designer in next month's challenge!


Supplies for follow your heart:
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Distress, Hero Arts
Tools: stitched rectangle die Lil Inker Designs
Other: water


18 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the color, arrangement and stitching on your card Maria. Very nice indeed. - Jim

Unknown said...

Steamy windows? Bwahahaha!! Well, I love it, steamy windows and all!

cm said...

Steamy windows? How hilarious is that (and my husband would likely say the same thing!). I LOVE x LOVE your take on this sketch, your definitely *beach* colours and your showcase of this wonderful stamp set! Your inking is incredibly crisp...WOW! Thanks for the lovely shout-out - you made my day!
Hugs~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome sponging!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my Maria this is really gorgeous! Husbands say the funniest things don't they? Beach or steamy window--fantastic either way!

Petti said...

Really gorgeous card!

shirley-bee said...

Steamy windows, hehe! Fab card - love the sponging and the softer text repeated on the base.

Shery Russ said...

LOL! I like your hubby's humor. (It's something my DH would say too.) Love the sponging you did on this card, Maria! Great card!

Debra James said...

Hehehe.. Hubby has a great sense of humour. Love the shades of colour on your card. Love your take on the sketch.- looks great!

Nonni said...

Cool sponging, very artistic!

Hannelie said...

I just love the way you have put this together!
Awesome sponging too!

Deepti said...

Hahahaha, I guess the husbands come up with the weirdest and most unexpected interpretation of out cards :) but I get that beach ! Lovely inking :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the contrast of colors with black and gray...sponging/inking is wonderful...grat use of the sketch!!

Loll said...

Beautiful design Maria. Love the colors ... looks like sand and sea to me :) Loll xx

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Oh my Wow! This is stunning, Maria! Love everything about this- the sentiment stamped in the lighter gray is amazing! Looks like it is in a cloud or fading away. Or maybe steamy windows, like your hubby said! Love the sponged main panel with the water spots. Gorgeous! Pinned~ :)

Anita in France said...

Hahaha, steamy windows ... more like gorgeous ombré, Maria ... and yes, sand and sea came to my mind! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Love the dreamy feel, not sure I would have seen steamy windows lol. Have a fab day! hugs Monika xx

Kim S said...

What a great idea to use the same stamp for the sentiment and for the background strip!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...