I went pretty literal this time. But knowing I wanted to use the inlaid die cut technique to get my shape extending outside of the solid strip, hearts came to mind. Here's what I did.
2. Die cut the hearts using Simon Says Stamp Large Hearts dies.
3. Removed the hearts and inked them with Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord.
4. Masked and inked the strip with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers.
5. Splattered the card with Heidi Swapp gold spray ink.
6. Adhered CS panel to inside of card front.
7. Adhered hearts into the negative spaces.
8. Die cut Simon Says Stamp You die from violet glitter CS and adhered.
Hope you likey. A bit late for graduation season, but I think this could make a good card for a gal going off to college or starting a new job.
Have a look at the rest of the DT creations. And check out what our guest designer Sue V. has for you. Show us what you've got over at Sketch Challenge #16. You could be our next guest designer!
Simon Says Spots and Dots this week over at the Wednesday challenge, so I'm taking my splatters there.
Supplies for you:
Paper: CS Bringmann, glitter CS DCWV
Ink : Distress, gold spray
Tools: heart dies and you die Simon Says Stamp