Friday, August 22, 2014

change it up - king of the grill

Welcome back to "change it up" where I am sharing some reworking of cards to try to make them better. Here is specimen #2.

Started out as an entry for a submission call for PCS Cards for Him. For the outdoorsy kinda guy.


Thought I was being quite clever using the utensils from the Jane's Doodles stamp set It's a Guy Thing to create the grass for the grill to stand on and then the blue sky with the sentiment. The banner sentiment sticker up top, so-so. The touch of striped PP under it definitely helped. But not accepted for publication.  I later did this with the card...


morphing it into a Father's Day card. Added Glossy Accents to the grill (definite improvement) and a sentiment made from alpha stickers. More stripes down the left edge along with a strip of green to tie in with the "grass". But not a show-stopper.

I still like the first one better, I think. How about you?

BTW, I've scheduled these posts in advance. As you are reading this, I am probably hanging around outside Comerica Park where DS is at the Eminem concert with a cousin. And I can't wait to see what I will have learned from that experience!


Supplies for king of the grill:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, PP Simple Stories
Stamps: Jane's Doodles
Ink : Jenny Bowlin, Versafine
Tools: 
Other: alpha stickers Bo Bunny, Glossy Accents


4 comments:

Deepti said...

This is such a cool idea !! I love the improved version too :)

Shery Russ said...

I think I like the re-worked version, Maria! I think the strip of chevron down the left did it for me. Great guy card!

Anita in France said...

The glossy BBQ is pretty cool on the reworked version, Maria ... but the first one remains my fave! Happy learning experience! Anita :)

cm said...

Both versions work for me, Maria...the BBQ, the cool utensils border, the repeated sentiment. Guy card all the way through!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...