Monday, August 4, 2014

STAMPlorations sketch #17


That's it - the new sketch up at STAMPlorations. Kinda fun, eh? I went literal. Literally.


Tried to keep it masculine. Used a sentiment from VIGNETTE: Celebrate Artsy and stamped it on PP. Love when I remember to do that! Even inked the edges a bit. Cuz I was in an inky mood. See those squares behind the stamped square - they're inked too to achieve the same colors as on my image panel! And that is a stamp from VIGNETTE: It's Your Day which I inked up with three different ink colors before stamping.

Check out the lovely cards from the design team and our guest designer, Kim M., of Art Keeps Me Sane fame. And remember that if you join all three of our challenges this month - two sketch challenges and the monthly challenge which is themed "Stamps and Die Cuts" - you're in the running for a great prize too.

Join us, won't you? The doors are open until August 15. Thanks for stopping by today. It'll be a bit quieter around here for the next few weeks. Vacay calls!


Supplies for hb2u:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, PP Basic Grey
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Colorbox
Tools: square  dies Sizzix
Other: 



15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great masculine card!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love how you inked up the background pieces to match the stamped image! Awesome masculine card!

Deepti said...

Love this clean n masculine card, I love the grid BG !

shirley-bee said...

Love the masculine colours and the grungy feel! Have a great holiday!

Nonni said...

Very cool masculine card, I love the retro feel!

Unknown said...

Great card, love the colours! It's a very interesting sketch... :)
Ingrid xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Great masculine card , love the gird BG and your playing with Ink! Have a great day! Hugs Monika xxx

Kim M said...

Well, I love your literal take on the sketch. Love the background! :-)

Darnell said...

I love your make using this awesome sketch, Maria! It is a perfect guy card!! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fab masculine card, maria! Enjoy your vacation - I'll have one coming up really soon, too!

cm said...

Eye-catching, handsome, striking (and gorgeous...but I *had* to use the 'guy words' first *grin*) card! Sponging the layers to match your sentiment: yes!! Awesome results! Enjoy your vacation!
~c

Happy Dance said...

Awesome card, Maria! I've got to remember to do more edge inking too. Love the way yours turned out. It's a wonderful sketch too. I've thinking about something like that for a few days now, and then this sketch pops up! Very cool. Hope I can find time to play...very busy week! Enjoy your vaca! Bev

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your take Maria!
You want me to play along as well!
Thank you~

Kylie said...

Very cool, Maria! Love the cool tones you have used xx

Anita in France said...

So cool and masculine, Maria ... have a fab holiday! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...