Friday, August 8, 2014

STAMPlorations august challenge "stamps and die cuts"


Isn't that a great challenge? It's the August challenge over at STAMPlorations. Stamps AND die cuts. I love both. Still find it hard to believe I used to think I could survive without a die cutting machine. "If I want a shape bad enough, I can just cut it out." Ha!

Here's what I did. As you may recall, I love me some art deco. I purchased the PTI die awhile back and decided to pair it up with the STAMPlorations Art Deco Border Builders stamp set.


Die cut the frame and adhered two portions of it to black CS. Stamped the border builders element in Hero Arts Soft Granite and then heat embossed a sentiment from PTI onto vellum so that the border could still be seen behind it.

So what will you do with stamps and die cuts? So many possibilities. Check out what the DT and our incredibly talented, watercolor-wonder-working guest designer, Karen D., created for August's challenge and then join us.

There are loads of prizes to be had. The winner of the monthly challenge receives a STAMPlorations set of choice (two if STAMPlorations stamps were used on the card). And a random winner who plays in all three challenges in August could win an extra prize. Join us.


Supplies for thank you:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, texture CS American Crafts, vellum
Stamps: STAMPlorations, sentiment PTI
Ink : Hero Arts, Versmark
Tools: dies PTI square die Sizzix
Other: gems





15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very classy & elegant card

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous and classy!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is really cool Maria, love the black, grey and vellum!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Darnell said...

This is incredible ART Deco, Maria!! To a tee!! I love it!! And, oh wow, me too, about not buying into the dies and die-cutting machines forEVER. I had a whole drawer full of edged scissors; what more could I possibly need? I don't even want to tell you how many dies I have now, especially not how many NBUS dies I have! Gulp. Hugs, Darnell

Clare said...

So clean and cool! I love the vellum, and the dramatic colors!
Oh my goodness, I'd try printing out a shape I liked, cutting, tracing, then cutting again! Ah, the good ol' days...;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So serene - very different from your usual style!

Aileen said...

Beautiful and elegant card

Deepti said...

Love the classic decor look of this card :) vellum looks awesome !

shirley-bee said...

Fab Art Deco card, Maria! I like how you placed the sentiment on vellum so as not to break up that gorgeous pattern.

Anita in France said...

Elegant, chic and so art deco gorgeous, Maria! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Perfect die and stamp combination, perfect colours. Great elegant card. Have a lovely day! Hugs Monika xxx

Kylie said...

A very bold and elegant card, Maria. Beautiful! xx

Greta said...

Super neat card, Maria--love everything about it!

Monika Reeck said...

Maria this is elegant and I love the color black and white...beautifully done...and thanks for the inspiration as DT..I just joining stamplorations this month challenge hope you like to see my last post and maybe leaving me some love...hugs, Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...