Wednesday, August 20, 2014

simply create too 68

It's "Monochromatic Madness" time over at Simply Create Too and I've got a monochromatic card to share with you. No "change up" here, but it's of the variety reject too ;)


I think this is a great design for a masculine or teen birthday card. And it's pretty easy to create too. Use a line stamp (or a strip of craft foam like I did) and ink or watercolors (like I did) and stamp the stripes. Put down a piece of double sided tape and add glitter to it for some punch. Add a large sentiment - mine is from Clear and Simple Little Critters Too - to match the tone of your card and voila!

Make it feminine with pretty soft colors (pinks and peaches) and an elegant font sentiment. Or bold with neon yellow, one strip of black and a big bold sentiment.

I'm joining the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday gang with this "blue" card.

Join us over at Simply Create Too with your monochromatic beauty!


Supplies for happy birthday:
Paper:  CS Bringmann
Stamps: sentiment Clear and Simple
Ink : Versafine, watercolors
Tools: 
Other: craft foam, Score Tape, glitter

5 comments:

Anita in France said...

Yummy ... love stripes, Maria ... and these are really rather cool ... love the gorgeous glitteriness! Anita :)

Lindsey said...

What a fun card! I do think this design is fabulously versatile. And I also wanted to tell you that I adore your card featured on the PC blog from the Holiday Cards & More magazine. It's stunning. Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love the colors and the design is terrific!

Kim S said...

So simple, but totally festive!! You are right that it would work in other colors and give entirely different moods.

cm said...

Such yummy stripes - and changing up the colours....oh, the possibilities! If only I could 'random' stamp as wonderfully as you do...Glitzy glitter adds such a special touch!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...