Tuesday, September 18, 2018

STAMPlorations inspiration #187

Time for another inspiration post from the inspiration DT.  This month, I've been creating with the set, Art Expressions. Here's today's card.

 STAMPlorations Art Expressions stamp
Distress Inks

Creativity takes Courage. Like the courage to say, when you're flipping through your stash of artsy backgrounds and see six ink-smooshed-using-an-acrylic-block squares, "I could use those on a card front."

So I did. Decided to tear around the edges of the squares so as not to lose the loose ink edges. And adhere them askew. Die cutting them would have created a cool look too, but not as artsy.

Then I temporarily adhered them to the cardbase, chose and aligned the images, and stamped them all with my MISTI. Liked the result, so adhered the squares permanently. Talk about easy peasy.

Do you like the look? I'm constantly on the lookout for good layout ideas for smaller stamps (since I'm not the scene-maker type) and I think this one is kinda cool.

A reminder that during our STAMP summer break, every Tuesday all stamps, dies and stencils in the shop are 15% off. Use my code STAMPGIRLMARIA to get an additional 20% off. One random commenter will win a $10 GC this month too.

I'm going over to:
Stamping Sensations - September with my "b" for brush
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - AG #335 with Snippets
Sunday Stamps - Berry Beautiful


3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

fabulous!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful way to highlight this fantastic stamp set. Love the colors!

Bobby said...

I recognize this card Maria, and it's even better in person. Very colorful and artsy with the torn edges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...